the standard

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Re: the standard

Postby ROM on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:19 pm

World Cup Soccer, Swords of Fury, and Fish Tales were turned off. Isaac turned Fish Tales back on, and after getting a ball stuck from the spinner, it seemed to work. But the spinner might still be stuck - I didn't look.

WCS and SoF had "out of order" notes on them.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:25 pm

More updates:

Judge Dredd is turned off. It's not registering when the ball goes in the hole that's behind the drop targets in the center. I shot it up there and it never found the ball. Also, the right coin mech is bad.

Fish Tales seems to be playing fine.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:41 pm

All these things I noted seem to have been fixed. thx ricochet!

But, new thing: when I showed up, Fish Tales had 2(or more) balls stuck in the lock. Ball search never found them. stuck forevs.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby inthecan on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:04 pm

Stopped by here last Friday night, FT is currently registering the 1st ball locked as the 2nd and then kicks out a multi-ball after you get the second ball locked, resulting in a 2 ball multi-ball. WCS's soccer ball is still not working, I don't think it has ever worked though. I always love stopping by this place when I am in the SE, it could really benefit from having a change machine though as there is usually only one bartender on duty and it can get pretty busy.
I know this defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law! - Bugs Bunny
inthecan

Postby inthecan on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:36 am

Hit up The Standard on Wed and Thursday of this week, I totally see why this place get's all the comments about the tables being too close to one another, the machines are quite literally slammed against each another and I agree that they could lose one of the games and make it a way better playing experience. Their current line up of Fish Tales, Black Rose, LOTR, Johnny Mnemonic, Swords of Fury are all playing nicely though. Noticed at least a few machines with lot's of BOB scores here and also unsurprisingly it looks like the TheStandardNate and WDX frequent this joint. Did manage to put up a #3 on SOF @5,000,000 which was all the sweeter since I found at least 4 free credits on it.

A big plus here in my mind is that the machines are off to the side and away from heavy foot traffic, my old man eyes would not mind one mild soft light above the tables, esp. when playing the BR where I tend to feel like I am in the front row of Laser Pink Floyd. The LOTR has the mega smack (tm) flippers set to MAX! Plenty of pop fly shot action. BTW Heart Coffee shop right around the corner makes an awesome espresso.
inthecan

Postby inthecan on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:52 pm

CFTBL and LOTR are both shut off. Left coin slot on FT is being finicky, lord do I wish FT was not jammed right against the wall.
inthecan

Previous

Return to The Machines