Red Flag and/or Beulahland

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Re: Red Flag

Postby sauce on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:26 pm

I played Black Rose last night. It played ok, I never had a good game, but thats cause I suck at black rose. Everything seemed to be working, the ball never went wacky down by the flippers and the canon lip.
sauce

Postby ROM on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Thanks for telling me stuff I don't know, guys. I feel richer for the new knowledge.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby deathsave on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:35 am

sometimes ROM wears sweaters.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby ROM on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:53 am

Sometimes fucking DROPSHOT wears sweaters! you wouldn't know it, unless you saw him in one. But what can I say - he knows how to get comfortable.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Kickback on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:03 am

You can't use a Minnesota native as support on this one. They have no choice and don't know any better. You're supposed to look California and feel Minnesota, not vice versa. You're from California and attempting to look Minnesota and no one is fooled Californerd.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby Dropshot on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:51 am

Haha jerd! Sweaters are great!
Dropshot

Postby Bonnie on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:54 am

I prefer Minnesota sweaters to California sweaters.
"You're gonna fuck my shit up big time if Bonnie comes home."
Bonnie

Postby Bonnie on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:57 am

It's like preferring Grandma's cookies to late night beer and burrito farts.
"You're gonna fuck my shit up big time if Bonnie comes home."
Bonnie

Postby videomode on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:06 pm

wow
dennis
videomode

Postby deathsave on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:26 pm

suspend your disbelief, video mode, and plug your nose. bonnie's chemical warfare farts are still lingering in the room.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby ROM on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Psht, Kickback, when I was growing up I was wearing sweaters while hanging ten at Malibu. It's a part of me.

I'm trying something experimental today: wearing two sweaters at once. And it's working out!

The idea came to me a couple days ago when I was playing Dracula and stacked the Mist and Coffin Multiballs. I said to myself, "Stacking multiballs is really rewarding. I wonder what other things in life can be stacked in order to reap mega rewards? Hmm, what about sweaters? :?: ?"

And here I am today!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:58 pm

And that's why Rom is so wise, I made the mistake of NOT stacking an onion ring on top of my cheeseburger last night. I truly regret it.
Dropshot

Postby bounceback on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:27 pm

stacking condoms can actually lead to more unwanted pregnancies and increased friction. the latex could even catch fire on your junk from heat build up! some things should not be stacked. i'd put sweaters in that category too. just aesthetically, the eyes need a break. i've worn two flannels that FELT ok, but the clashing plaids were too much.
bounceback

Postby Legs on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:09 pm

so, i hate to derail any conversation involving sweaters and condoms, but as far as red flag machines go: addams family is resetting all over the goddamn place. at first i thought i was being rough with the machine, but then i cooled down and i still lost 2 games on the first ball...told the nice bartender and she said she'd make a note of it, but, ugh. don't play it. don't play here, unless you're working down the street like i have been and are desperate.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby ROM on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:34 am

Addams was recently replaced by Creature. It plays pretty well. It's not the cleanest, but it's not too dirty. When it comes down the right ramp from the pop bumpers it often hits the right slingshot. But a little nudge gets around that. I couldn't tell if the left ramp that builds up the parking thing was working correctly. It seems to end if you boost it past 16million - so you can't collect it. Maybe that's a setting.

It basically plays like the one at Billy Rays used to - except it's a little more forgiving.

I GC'ed it a couple times. Final one's at like 325 million or so. I didn't really pay attention...
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Opto on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Emma and I played a game on MM tonight after picking up my beer soaked trackie. It SLAM TILTED on me while I was in a muliball. Wasn't even really nudging the machine - it totally came out of the blue.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby ROM on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:33 am

Weird - that's never happened to me there. It must be going senile!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:48 pm

i notice a LOT of cashbox games slam tilt really easily. i slam tilted a couple of board scores on monster bash the other night before drop shot got there-- granted, i WAS trying to bangback from the right side, but i didn't directly palm the coin door... their addams that was at the slammer for a while (perfect coincidence?) had a loose coindoor, and every time the door rocked back and forth even slightly, it would slam tilt.
bounceback

Postby deathsave on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:41 pm

use a quarter to jam a loose coin door. i had to do this on the TAF at shorty's for years.
deathsave

Postby ROM on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:11 am

Beulahland's Theatre is randomly slam tilting. It sucks! I was about 200 mil from a score, and WHABAM slam tilt. I hadn't moved the machine all game (no dangers), and certainly wasn't when it decided to slam tilt.

Makes me lose a little faith. I mean, who can I trust now?
Vibe Police
ROM

PreviousNext

Return to The Machines