Red Flag and/or Beulahland

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Red Flag and/or Beulahland

Postby ROM on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:58 pm

344 NE 28th Ave
close to Glisan

They replaced their LOTR (like, put in a fresh one). And removed Simpsons, and added Medieval Madness. I heard they're planning to add a third soon. Nice open space around the pins.

just thought I'd gives a heads up...
Vibe Police
ROM

Re: Red Flag

Postby ROM on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:54 pm

They just added Addams Family. I think the LOTR is down, but they plan to fix it.

So: LOTR, MM, TAF.

Not bad!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Legs on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Dude, awesome, I'm working like 5 blocks away from there right now. Totally going to head over and check it out in a bit.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby Legs on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:41 pm

AF flippers are pretty weak...hitting the bear kicks was like pulling teeth. Didn't get to play the other games 'cause some lame dudes had simultanious 4-player games going on. Also they were bragging about their high scores, which were pretty weak. CFF should get in there and put up some initials.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby deathsave on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:20 am

bear kicks shouldn't be a gimme. i like a TAF that doesn't play forever. guess i'll have to check it out next visit.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Dropshot on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Why does CFF have to do it? Why don't you? So we can then take your scores!
Dropshot

Postby Legs on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:27 pm

valid point.
Legs

Postby videomode on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:53 pm

Zoe has been kicking some ass lately
dennis
videomode

Postby Kickback on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Zoe should put up some CFF scores.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby Kickback on Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:48 pm

I went to play those machines and they are Cashbox and hence, they suck and are not up to par. Best i could do on that faulty ass Addams was put up a 127 mill. I was the only non preset on there. I believe it has to do with a reset issue. As soon as I hit double Jackpot, the game reset. Trolls didn't work on MM and something else was keeping it from getting boints but i don't remember right now or really care. LOTR had flippers sticking up and locking. Cashbox machines are built to take your money. He has previously been quoted disrespecting all pinball players and not just CFF. A boycott of his machines is not enough. The bars that carry his machines should know, they will not be played if they are Cashbox. I don't want to put anyone out of business, but this guy refuses to make his machines worth a shit. I'm done playing them. I don't care who gets scores on them and brags all over about how good they are, it was probably a glitch, or it has one now and won't score proper. Everything this guy is about is in his name. He doesn't really have interest in us getting high scores or replays. It doesn't fill his Cashbox, and neither do I. Fuck you Cashbox! Your machines are bullshit.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby DannyBackglass on Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:51 pm

Reverend America.
DannyBackglass

Postby Kickback on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:03 pm

I am actually a registered Reverend
Kickback

Postby deathsave on Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:42 pm

i wonder if they'll change my title from "Reverend Father" to "LION MAN!"?
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Soundcard on Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Well he does choose to do business with the owner of the C-Bar so he can't be that bright.
I'm just rehabing my shoulder... and trying to get my fuck on.
Soundcard

Re: Red Flag + Beulahland

Postby ROM on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:41 pm

Well, that's too bad. I know one of the bartenders, so I'll tell her of the problems, and perhaps they can be fixed.

The cashbox machines that used to be at alleyway (or still are, dunno) were most often in fine enough condition. There's hope for these yet. in my opinion.

In somewhat related news, beulahland, a few blocks away, now has original IJ and spiderman. Spiderman is 75 cents and plays lousy (feels dirty, and the settings are difficult - like the first Doc mode requires hitting him three times, and you have to hit light lock twice to light lock, etc.). The IJ was playing weird. It would be fine lock was registering balls correctly. As it is, it often spits out two balls after you lock one... and then everything goes to hell.

THIS JUST IN - while I was typing this post I got a call to inform me that Black Rose is at Beulahland now. So they have three machines.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:55 pm

beulahland's machines have always been dirt black and played horribly
Dropshot

Postby Kickback on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:55 am

So sad, so true.
Kickback

Postby ROM on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:16 am

tell us something we don't know.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:07 pm

I sprained my ankle the other night smoking a cigarette.
Dropshot

Postby bounceback on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:16 pm

that's awesome, i fell off my bike on my face when i slammed to a halt to avoid running a red light in front of a cop on wednesday.

i have a friend that works red flag too, and i warned them about machines when they expanded. haven't been in yet, but bummer.

i don't know if beulahland is mull bros or what, but those machines have been horrible for a long while. if they just put in black rose, it's probably the one that got pulled from hollywood bowl, which was in horrific condition for ages, and whose operator refused to respond to their service calls. this is frustrating since beulahland used to have a nice LOTR and was one of the first games i put up really high scores on, and was also the site of drew inviting me to come to my first CFF meeting after i knocked down 2 of his high scores.

in other trivia, red flag used to be an italian restaurant, and was the site of my first job in portland, doing kitchen prep and washing dishes, and once cleaning an old stove with toxic oven cleaner while so hung over i had to stop 3 times to puke.
bounceback

Next

Return to The Machines