LAUNDRY

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

LAUNDRY

Postby ROM on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:12 pm

If you plan on cleaning your clothes any time soon (SlamTilt, I'm looking at you), you'd be wise to go to:

Springtime Thrifty Cleaner & Laundry
2942 SE Hawthorne Blvd
Portland, OR, 97214

where you can play Hurricane while you wait for your load to finish.

I'm not sure who operates this machine. But laundry + pinball is a heavenly match. More laundromats should have pinball! So I thought I'd start a thread about the matter. Feel free to use this space to talk about A) cleaning your clothes, B) playing pinball while waiting for your clothes to be cleaned, or C) playing pinball immediately after putting on a pair of piping hot, dryer-fresh underwear.
Vibe Police
ROM

Re: LAUNDRY

Postby deathsave on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:44 pm

Hurricane reminds me of skidmarks.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby revtest on Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:12 pm

thought that was a cyclone for some reason?
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby ROM on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:50 am

I'm probably going to do a load of laundry today. It's too bad that I have laundry facilities in my building, and that there's no pinball machine in that room. Maybe I should put Paragon in there.... naw.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Legs on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:52 pm

I'm currently waiting for my laundry to dry at the lovely Springtime Thrifty Cleaner & Laundry. Because, well, it's raining, and why the hell not play pinball while I do my errands? The Hurricane ain't good, but it ain't bad either, once you figure out the weird quirks...the plunger doesn't always send the ball all the way around so it sometimes comes back down the hurricane ramp, and when you hit the ferris wheel shot, the ball hops off the ramp right above the flippers instead of going around to the inlanes (what's nice about this is that it never drains, just delivers the ball directly to the left flipper), for one thing. It's definitely in better condition than it was back in October, looking at the note that someone (ROMulan?) made on portlandpinballmap.com about it, because at least you can hit the ferris wheel loop now. Best I've gotten is 26 mil, which wasn't good for anything...the GC's a pre-set, but there are some real people on the board as well. I've got 10 minutes 'til my laundry's done, let's see if I can put CFF up there.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby ROM on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Godspeed, Legs.

(that's not my note on that machine portlandpinballmap.com)
Vibe Police
ROM

Return to The Machines