cashbox games

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

cashbox games

Postby bounceback on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:29 pm

so-- he doesn't seem to be knocking down CFF high scores religiously anymore, which is nice. maybe he's realized, like a genius, that we put a lot of money in, put up scores, and the machines are still working after the fact...

so now i have some mixed feelings. on the one hand, he's buying new machines (has 2-3 spidermans,) and puts cool games out on location-- but he doesn't update his software, and it doesn't take long for games to go to shit (witness the condition of the games at C-bar.)

both his spidermans that i know of still have the version 1 software that doesn't lock balls correctly for black suit. his tilts are usually too high for the condition of his games (family guy and fish tales at C-bar), and it doesn't take much to clean and adjust flippers, just to keep things working (AFM, fish tales angle, etc.)

it seems like on average his games are in better condition than those of mull bros, melody amusements, etc.-- on the other hand it seems like the simple stuff isn't getting done. i don't know. he does have 2 of the old indy machines on location, and they both play pretty well. anyone ever talked to him outside his wanky comments on here? at least i don't see him replacing pins with buck hunters... he actually seems to be expanding his routes and keeping more games on location, and if he's growing as an operator it would be nice to have a better rapport with him.
bounceback

Re: cashbox games

Postby ROM on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:13 pm

His Spiderman at the Slammer is also version 1 (were you counting that one?). It was annoying last time I played it. Yeah, he keeps some cool games. I was really bummed that Whirlwind wasn't working at C-Bar last time.

Update to this post, in case anyone is paying attention: his Spidermans have the latest software. I REPEAT, his Spidermans have the latest software!
Vibe Police
ROM

Re: cashbox games

Postby Kickback on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:13 am

Good luck. Answer my calls you jerks! How about that for rapport.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Return to The Machines