[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Green Dragon

Green Dragon

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Green Dragon

Postby fathom22 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:47 pm

I was playing the IJ4 at the GD last night (am I missing something or is IJ4 one of the biggest shit piles to come out in the last 10 years!?) I also noticed Slamtilt tearin up shit on the "mega-glare" Shadow & GC'n it for 2.8B , nice job! That score is probably good for 5+B on a non-glare machine.

Also thanks to DDT for the Hercules!

MWM
fathom22

Re: Green Dragon

Postby bounceback on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:09 am

as of sunday, the lamp on top of the left slingshot was knocked off of IJ4 and blocking the drain, so the game was randomly dumping balls from the ark during ball search. you had to shake the machine to get balls to drain so you could actually finish a game. it was shut off after one game, but not sure if it's fixed.

also, on FG the left ramp trail was bumped off its track so that it rested on top of the inlane plastic, wedging balls coming down the ramp and trapping them. you have to give the machine a number of solid slaps to the left flipper area to get the ball free again. breaks up the flow to say the least, and garbage during multiball.

overall the games at GD are almost unplayable because of the glare from that skylight. it wasn't much better when they were against the other wall, the glare was just coming from the doors at a different angle, but at least the machines on the right end were playable, and they had 5 machines, of which 3 consistently worked. now they have only 3, of which 1 consistently works, and you can't see shit. the bar is a block from where i work, so i would be there a lot if they would fix the visibility. it seems like a waste this way. they had the same problem at hungry tiger too, but it's fixed by having the bartender turn down the dimmer on the overhead lights. if green dragon is keeping those machines in that spot, they should build a little pinball canopy or something so you can fucking play.
bounceback

Postby ROM on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:15 pm

bounceback, you should go into the pinball canopy business. You can make a few designs. One can be a full-on pinball chamber, fully surrounding you and the machine, blocking out all sound and light and distraction. Do it!!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:33 pm

danny B would be my first customer.

i was actually thinking about this last night, we could have a special CFF tent that we take with us to rip on glare machines, with the logo staring down at us from above like good omens. i also really want to make a set of tapered CFF logo wedge/shims for the legs of crooked machines, or to ratchet up the back on games that float all over, one of my pet peeves. i think we should also get a bunch of black anodized pinballs with the logo embossed on them, and bribe operators to let us insert them into games. it could help you read spin on the ball and otherwise make games instantly more radical.
bounceback

Postby fathom22 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:34 pm

NO MORE GLARE AT THE GREEN DRAGON!!! Quality installed three pins at this location as of last Friday and we'll be moving them against the wall facing the bar tomorrow. Their old cooler will be moved somewhere else. Cody said he will put "glare reducing" covers over the skylights and we will be installing a change machine next to the pins tomorow. Get yer asses down there Tues night and play some pinball and drink some local micros that don't look and taste like trucker tea!!

~MWM
fathom22

Postby DDT on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:44 pm

I just realized BB is an idea fountain. He is forgiven for missing TRACKIE!!!! day which if you were not there. Eat it! I'm also super phsyced about the Dragon becoming a viable option. F.Y.I we are getting pretty serious about a C.F.F. clubhouse. I would like to chat up some operators (hint hint) about getting a handful of machines together. We would also be able to house our private machines. And have them make some coin. This will become a reality. All we need to do is actualize it. Now Actualize!
You dudes need some TRACKIES!!!!!
DDT

Postby bounceback on Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:54 pm

this is totally amazing news, as the GD is just around the corner from my shop. i can always use a change machine, beer, and pinball you can see. to put glare reducing screens on the skylights is a totally awesome move and that shows some dedication to having the games, that's great. now i'll have to go back and try to up my GC on bash from a mediocre 380mil to something more in the range of the 640mil i put up at the alleyway today! plus now that the batman software is updated that game is a lot more fun, and the one at green dragon is playing much better than the others that have been out a bit longer (i.e. nothing has broken off yet, has the latest software, etc.) awesome.

i'm down for actuality!
bounceback

Postby fathom22 on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:59 pm

Cody at the GD has requested two more pins be added to the 3 that are there now. He's going to give me a list next week of what the regulars want. Let him know what CFF wants to see in there. Hopefully the glare is reduced with the flags over the skylights. Eventually I would like to see the pins moved against the cooler wall starting at the right of the change machine, good or bad idea? Better yet if they could wall off the back area where the pins are now & have the backs up against the wall I think that would be even better? Suggestions on pin placement over there are welcomed.
Thanks,
MWM
fathom22

Postby ROM on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:41 am

I'm thinking Cactus Canyon would look great in Green Dragon. Or TZ.

Why was the Shadow taken out? Or wait, weren't the previous machines operated by Phil? Did they ditch him for QE?

I think bounceback has to weigh in about machine placement, since he plays there regularly.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Slingshot on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:15 pm

Anyone wanna have some afternoon balling at the GD on Monday?
Slingshot

Postby Kickback on Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:44 am

I'm a grand champion!
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby revtest on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:44 pm

me to! I'll play Monday. i want that DK score damn it J
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby DDT on Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:55 am

This monday? I'm down. I know quality is holding back cactus canyon. And i don't blame them. It would be awesome to hide that machine in some old man bar where no one plays it, but us, and we could promise to take good care of it and not tilt, and hold it after we grand champ,and promise to meet it's parents, after the holidays because this whole thing is moving pretty fast, we just wouldn't want to mess something this perfect up. We couldn't stand to see her trolloping around with some careless drunken frat boy. I HATE YOU JOEY!!!!!!
You dudes need some TRACKIES!!!!!
DDT

Postby Slingshot on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:12 pm

GD tonight at six!
Slingshot

Postby ROM on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:55 pm

The hot tottie last night didn't fix me, and I'm too sick to play. Have fun, guys. Get some super jackpots for me.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:07 am

so the flag over the skylight helps the glare a lot-- not perfect but you can actually deal with it, and since we're moving into the season of overcast skies anyway it's less of a problem. i'm super impressed that people went to the trouble to drape that up, way up there. thanks a lot to cody & whoever else made that happen.

i actually really like that old star wars but the one that's in there has some major issues-- it's just impossible to use any ball control. it seems like it's set shallow because if it were steeper the flips wouldn't make the ramps. i don't know what to do about that. i can't believe that game came out the same year as bash. if it played great i'd put a lot of money into it-- as it is, i never play more than a couple games on it because it's just self-torture. Batman's really grown on me since the software was updated. you can get a good flow going and there are lots of little things you have to specifically aim for that on other games you'd hit accidentally.

i'd love to see cactus canyon in there... seems like GD might be a good candidate because the clientele isn't as abusive as at a lot of dives, and since the employees walk through the area where the games are pretty frequently, and it's very open, it seems more rare for people to get really rough with the games.

i'd love to see some more unusual games. i was wondering if there's a frankenstein or a nightmare on elm st. in this town. i know rotture has a tales from the crypt which looks like it would be a lot of fun if it worked, along with their tommy. a good working circus voltaire is one of the most fun games around and the only one i know of is at cooperstown and the flippers are like wet noodles. i really wish someone had a nightmare on elm st. too. stuff like that's fun. no one i know of has a judge dredd either, that game's crazy. funhouse and hurricane would both be cool. i still really like spiderman and would keep playing it if there was one in there.
bounceback

Postby revtest on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:31 pm

REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby ROM on Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:05 am

According to Mike from QE in the Clinton St. thread, GD will soon be getting Arabian Nights. Sweet! I like that game. I'm guessing it's the same machine that used to be at the Quik Stop in the NW. It played nice. Especially after a couple doses of Quik Stop Instant Vanilla Latte.

Also, so it's been decided (by us): Cactus Canyon at Green Dragon now! :D

Skillshot was talking at the last meeting about how Portland used to be regarded as Cactus Canyon Central. He said at PAPA a few years ago everyone was jealous of our CC line-up. What happened?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:39 am

man i am so excited for that cactus canyon! can't wait to play it in person...

went down there to meet louie tonight and played some star wars. although it's not smooth and easy, the ramp shot is makeable. it definitely seems better than before, now it just takes a little timing and concentration.

the bummer, however, is that some of the major shots don't seem to be working, or at least not consistently. it seems like some of the switches toward the top of the playfield aren't working, at least partially-- the death star is broken, but it's deceptive. it still senses that the ball has gone into the death star, and registers some boints, but the death star is always open-- the switch that activates the moons, advancing toward multiball, is gone. you can still start triball from an award or on your third ball, but after you do, you CANNOT light the ramp for jackpot.

for some reason the runaway R2D2 shot on the right orbit almost never registers either. you can light it by shooting c3po, but when you shoot the right orbit to collect, nothing. like the death star, it registers that you made the shot, and kicks up to R2D2, but doesn't stop counting down. i got it to work once only, even though i started the hurry up and shot the right loop repeatedly.

i'm not sure if these are the only things not working; i'm not that familiar with the game and it seemed like i should've been getting further based on the length of my games, but this could just be that it was confusing to make shots and get small boints, as though shots were somehow HALF working. for example the ramp registers, and would give you EB and bonuses at 7 shots, 14 shots, but didn't seem to be lighting other things. again hard to tell but seems fun.
bounceback

Postby Dropshot on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:59 pm

Either you were drunk or you broke it. Denis and I have been playing it for the past few days and everything was working. The ramp shot is a bitch and the right lean kinda sucks but everything else seemed to work fine, as of Thursday afternoon at least.
Dropshot

Next

Return to The Machines