[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Hawthorne Theatre - Vintage Arcade Game Room?

Hawthorne Theatre - Vintage Arcade Game Room?

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Re: Hawthorne Theatre - Vintage Arcade Game Room?

Postby autofire on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:21 am

Is it the one with the tribble?
autofire

Postby sauce on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:18 am

Star Trek was playing nice, GCed at 1.7bil, feels like there is a lot of room to grow on that. I couldnt get the tribble to activate despite all the credits I was getting for GCing, the knocker wasnt knocking either.
sauce

Postby Rob on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:23 am

I guess that's the trouble with tribbles...
Rob

Postby Ricochet on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:08 am

Tribbles wasn't working because we forgot to bring a cable. We'll fix it next time we head over there.
Ricochet

Postby Rob on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Good news: I rolled Solar city twice in one game & once in my second game.
Bad news: The machine didn't seem to be recognizing half of my drains. It would simply shoot another ball for the plunge without changing the Ball in Play. Also, it didn't seem to be giving enough of a bonus (when it did recognize the end of a ball (but this could just be my lack of knowledge about the game)). The machine would also give between 300 & 600 boints before the ball was plunged.

Everything else at the location was playing great. I'm happy that this place is (making steps towards) turning around. I can't wait to see what Ricochet will do with the place.
Rob

Postby sauce on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:35 pm

I was there the other night and noticed the glove on JM was making a horrible squeeling noise sometimes when moving to the right.
sauce

Postby deathsave on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:45 pm

that happens to keanu from time to time. he just needs some lube and a y axis adjustment.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby ROM on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:32 am

. Awesome!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Jeri on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:04 am

We found some bad switches in Solar City that were randomly scoring, so it should behave better now. We got word STNG has a stuck ball. Give it a good kick and dislodge it if you go in there before we get back to Portland.

We still have room for a few more machines and plan on taking some over in a few weeks.

-Jer
"You call it lowering standards, I call it a learning opportunity"
Jeri

Postby Ricochet on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:16 am

Fixed the broken up kicker bracket in Star Trek Next Generation and fixed a broken wire on middle right stand up target on T2.

-Trish & Jeri
Ricochet

Postby HornedGramma on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:19 am

We were over there playing Star Trek last night; it was fine for about half an hour, but then it started kicking out two balls every time you'd lock one.
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Postby Jeri on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:24 am

We'll check it out.

Thanks,
Jer
"You call it lowering standards, I call it a learning opportunity"
Jeri

Postby Opto on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:58 pm

BTW @ricochet - finally went over there an played your solar city! That game is awesome! I hope to someday have one of the 9 versions they released of that gottlieb game :)
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby ROM on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:59 pm

Why not collect all 9?

That would be funny if you got super obsessed with collecting them all. And you got rid of all your current games, and in the end your entire garage had only Solar City variations. And you were super stoked on it and wanted to have tournaments all the time. But we were all like, "eh...."

just thinking out loud.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Tourneys all on one game? Sounds like Taxi Tuesday!
Dropshot

Postby Rob on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:30 pm

I would pay money to play in that tourney...
Rob

Postby Opto on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:31 pm

hahaha - especially the elusive "Canada Dry" - yes it's a ginger ale pinball machine. Or perhaps the "City of Gold" edition from 1984. When williams was coming out with space shuttle, gottlieb/premiere/whatever was re-hashing a game from 10 years prior . . .

Canada Dry - http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=426

City of Gold - http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=767
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby KYL on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:17 pm

I'ts sad that when Solar City was at GK, they were charging 2 games for .25 and nobody was playing it. And when they sold it on ebay the high bid was something like $125.

There was a City of Gold at a garage sale around here a few years ago. It was snatched up before it even made it out of the garage and into the sale.

I think the rules might be different between some of the versions, like El Dorado, so it might not be completely redundant to have more than one in a collection.

Any game with 15 drop targets is a winner in my book.
"Drug users don't get the highest scores." -- Keith McTeeth
KYL

Postby Mark on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:38 am

When Solar City was at Ground Kontrol, we couldn't pay people to play it. Electro-mechanicals have always done poorly there. The only people I ever see playing King Pin are bored moms holding babies (weird but true).
I'm not the Mark who works at Ground Kontrol. I'm the Mark who used to work at Ground Kontrol.
Mark

Postby Legs on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:15 am

i heart playing king pin at gk. it seems like a lot of people don't know how to start a game on it once they've put their money in, so i always check it for free credits. it's a gold mine.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

PreviousNext

Return to The Machines