Crush

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Crush

Postby Kickback on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:37 pm

So it is official. Bad Cats is in. 14th and Morrison. It is technically a "gay" bar, but it isn't exclusive. It is more of a neighborhood bar so don't be a bunch of jerks. Bad Cats is awesome. It is owned by Jeri and Trish (Ricochet) so it is playing great and they are all about keeping it that way. I think these gals are doing us well and deserve our support. They set their machines to near tourney settings, so if your going to PAPA, these are great practice. Leg kicks will tilt you.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Re: Crush

Postby ROM on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:48 pm

Bad Cats rules.
What's the music situation like at Crush? I really love the meowmeowmeows and stuff in Bad Cats, and I would be sad if the music was so loud that I could hear anything!

Also, I noticed that on the rss location feed on the map site machine changes in existing locations get added to the feed, but brand new locations don't show up in the feed. So Scott and I will work on that.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Kickback on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:26 pm

You can hear the meows. Being a cat lover, I love it. It's my birthday so I'm skipping competition this evening to try and do some pinball touring. Anyone interested in some games can call me, j
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby ROM on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:38 pm

hey, happy birthday.

I hope to be getting a cat soon. I'm moving out of my current place because I can't have one there.

the portland zine symposium is this weekend, and I'll be too busy tonight folding and stapling things to play any pinball.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Slingshot on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:06 pm

I went to a B-day party at Crush and had a blast! Cool bar, gonna have to check it out again.
Slingshot

Postby Opto on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:25 pm

Heading there in about 1/2 hour to check it out, if anyone wants to flip a few. Might stop by voodoo in between it and the vern.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby deathsave on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:54 pm

seeeeeeeeeaaaafooooooooooooooooooood.

yeah!
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Opto on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:19 pm

Ball got stuck in the trough on my second game - sad times. Played great the first game though!

Meow, meow meow . . . meow!
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Ricochet on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:45 pm

Darn I thought we fixed that yesterday. Sorry about that. We'll take a look at it next time were there.
Ricochet

Postby bounceback on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:23 pm

i love crush, it's awesome that they have pinball now. they have a pretty solid happy hour menu all day thursdays, and some fun dance parties. they were setting up for a show tonight but let me slip behind the curtain and move a table to play, and a bunch of folks with wigs came up to do their makeup in the mirror beside me while i was playing. a little distracting, but i gave them a good show in return.
bounceback

Return to The Machines