say it ain't so

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

say it ain't so

Postby replay on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:03 pm

Tanker on Hawthorne replaced their pin with Golden Tee

Bonfire took out on of their machines and replaced it with Buck Hunter.

BOunceback where are those stickers. This is BS.
"All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns." -Bruce Lee
replay

Re: say it ain't so

Postby Qdub on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:30 am

BOG now has three pins. Trying to figure out a way to squeeze a fourth. I hope that evens things out a little on that block.
Qdub

Postby Kickback on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Rad. BOGs better anyway.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby HornedGramma on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:37 am

what got added to BOG?

last I saw there was NBA and Indy.
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Postby ROM on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Yeah, whatwot?
homies need to update the map, for the benefit of everyone.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:41 pm

i'll talk to my friend. agreed, it's bullshit and we've got to let the managers of those places know. not to be mean or threatening or anything, but just hey man, doesn't it mean anything to you that we've got something special with pinball in portland? if it slips away, it will really be GONE. i would hope that even most people who are casual players would prefer to keep pinball alive. should also let folks at bonfire, etc., know that if their machines aren't earning, there's probably something wrong with the games. they have mull bros, whose games virtually never work properly.

would people sign an e-petition? should we have a heart-felt letter writing party? i don't want it to seem angry or like some kind of protest, more an expression of how much we love pinball and want it around.
bounceback

Postby HornedGramma on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:10 pm

the third machine at BOG is Dark Knight.

...and that's not `shrooms talking, I saw it.
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Postby ROM on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:02 pm

An open letter would be cool. and possibly funny, especially if we post a group photo of us looking all earnest.

But, on the other hand, the map site is now listing 138 locations and 300 machines in Portland.... so, uh, we might have a hard time getting them to take us seriously.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:37 pm

We need to send out a letter letting people know that when your line-up consists of LOTR, Simpsons, IJ4 and Dark Knight you technically only have 2 pins in your bar, at best.
Dropshot

Postby bounceback on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:35 am

good point. we should bring in a bunch of those little battery operated toy pinball machines, and put them on top of the new sterns, and be like "i'd rather play this."

and then we should send the pictures to stern, not the operators. i just want someone to make decent machines still. look how much fun we're all having with older games with simple rules, like hurricane, dr. dude, whirlwind, earthshaker... name a system 11 game, it's probably a decent amount of fun, at least better than IJ4. if they've advanced technology and reduced cost with LEDs and so on, why can't they make money off interesting games like that?
bounceback

Return to The Machines