[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Putter's

Putter's

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Putter's

Postby Dropshot on Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:47 am

Well they took out IJ but put in Dr. Who. Plays great got the GC at 900 mil right now. Should be able to break 2-3 bil easily. 2 drinks if anyone can beat my 69 loops.
Dropshot

Re: Putter's

Postby HornedGramma on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:14 pm

someone at putter's must have been pretty sure a Dr. Who pinball machine would make more money than a Big Buck Hunter. neat.
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Postby ROM on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:05 pm

Was that someone secretly you? be honest.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby HornedGramma on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:46 am

BBC shows are inherently more popular than hunting. America is finally learning what I have known for years.
HornedGramma

Postby bounceback on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:19 am

now get on the horn with stern and tell them to shelve that stupid big buck hunter pin and roll out an antiques roadshow! i'd play the shit out of antiques roadshow, but big buck hunter is seriously going to make me barf; i have a really bad feeling about it. would it be too ironic for that to be the last pin they make, like a symbolic resignation to bullshit video games? no it wouldn't, it would be too fucking OBVIOUS THAT IT WAS COMING! jesus stern, please right the ship! you're toying with my life!
bounceback

Postby ROM on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:04 am

um, this has depressed me. Are they seriously making big buck hunter pinball next? Why did you type that like it was really happening? Please tell me it's not happening?!?!?!?! :o
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:10 am

dude, didn't you go to the NW pinball show? i didn't see the talk, but apparently ritchie during his seminar talked about or had a slide of the projected stern release lineup as of his layoff-- and big buck hunter was supposed to be on the way. they kind of shifted gears to throw NBA in the mix, and i'm not sure what that did for the big buck thing, but it's not a joke. it's fucked up, that's what it is.

the one ray of brightness is that supposedly they were going to produce this other steve ritchie design called "avatar." he had the whole game laid out, and was selling CAD drawings of the playfield and shot map. it looks really interesting, like a good combination of his games-- cool looking ramps and bumpers, open but not WIDE open like 24/etc.-- didn't see any artwork or hear what the theme really was. it's possible that they'll skin it and turn it into something else, but i was very hopeful that stern was actually going to produce an ORIGINAL game theme for a change, with cool sounds and art. it was one of the only games where just the shots made me stop and say "that looks cool." you look at it side by side with 24 and the layout seems much better. alas, time will tell. maybe the game will be a quest to figure out how to use a computer to make yourself a sweet animated avatar and be the coolest dude on the stern message board...
bounceback

Postby Dropshot on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Dropshot

Postby HornedGramma on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:02 pm

I was playing that FG at Putter's the other day; it's kinda jinky, but their fish n' chips are pretty rad.

It would be nice to have a Monster Bash on this side of Powell somewhere.
HornedGramma

Postby Dropshot on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:55 pm

Slingshot has one
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:16 pm

correction, Cbar has one. for some reason I always mix those two up.
Dropshot

Postby HornedGramma on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:24 am

Really nice Attack From Mars replaces the crappy Family Guy machine. The saucer shot is kind of bitchy, but that makes it fun.

At last count I was occupying the bottom half of the scoreboard, with my #3 and #4 scores trailing not terribly far behind DropShot's #1 and #2. Finally some healthy competition on a machine that Cashbox hopefully will deign to repair when it malfunctions (unlike the Sopranos at the Cosmo).
HornedGramma

Postby Dropshot on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:13 am

I thought that Family Guy played great. I think a couple of those CFF scores might be Legs. I think I have the GC and 1st and she has/had 2nd and 3rd? I think it's great less than a month ago Fred and I started calling Cashbox and harassed them to bring us a new game. Granted we each probably put $15+ a week into it each week alone, which was one of our main arguments but they brought us a new machine within a few weeks!
Dropshot

Postby Legs on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:41 pm

I'm used to everyone assuming all the cffs at putter's/general woodstock area are dropshot's. Hazard of the neighborhood. I wish my landlady had warned me about it before I moved in, though.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby HornedGramma on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:19 pm

The Family Guy machine that was at Putter's had two places where the ball was forever getting stuck: right inlane (slingshot rubber was too thick or something),and on top of the TV (the post next to the Death drop target had this insane rubber on it which made for crazy airballs). And in the week or so before they took it out, the right flipper was getting pretty weak. Minor things, and not like they matter at all now that it's gone.

...and sorry, Legs. I'm usually one to give credit where it's due, but I think I've been subconsciously leaning on this faux rivalry between Aaron and I to motivate myself to beat the scores on machines in the Woodstock area.

Truthfully don't actually have anything against you, dude, but watching you play the AFM that used to be at C-Bar one night was the moment I decided to really learn the game of pinball. Since then you've always been the one to beat in my mind.
HornedGramma

Postby Dropshot on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:32 pm

Good boints on the FG, forgot about those. I think I only had it get stuck on top of the TV once but you have to tilt it to get it off, and the right inlane was a little annoying. I guess just comparing those two semi minor issues to other problems with games I was fine with them. I just hate it when things won't register, or flippers are extremely to weak, poorly calibrated, those kind of things. I wonder if this is the same AFM that was at C-Bar? It plays different, but it has been almost 2 years and I'm sure it was shopped.
Dropshot

Return to The Machines