side door

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

side door

Postby bounceback on Sat May 03, 2008 3:06 pm

this place is a good spot to chill for solo games-- good beer, coffee, and sandwiches. two machines that are back in a little nook; bummer that the two machines last time i was there were simpsons and ripleys, but at least they were both 100% and playing fast. the other kind of stupid thing about this place is you need a key to use the bathroom, even though there's only one room in the place and the clientele doesn't exactly seem like the kind to get jacked on the throne. they close at midnight, so no late sessions, but it's a good choice for a lunch run or something, right around the corner from MFP and slow bar. good stop on a pinball tour if you're into those games. i think the upper flipper actually works for the couch shot on simpsons, so it's playable.
bounceback

Re: side door

Postby bounceback on Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:37 pm

ripleys still there, didn't play it. they have a sopranos with problems. flippers are weak, but it's playable. major problem is that shots to the spinner cause this glitch: the ball gets stuck on the post before being released into the bumpers-- the game autolaunches a new ball, as though the ball were locked. a 2nd shot to the spinner lane causes BOTH balls to be released, but draining either ends your ball. if you manage to start multiball while those 2 balls are in play, a 3rd ball will be launched (4th if you get bing,) and returning to 2 balls ends your multiball. draining to 1 then ends your ball. this behavior seemed extra weird at times, i.e. you'd think that if you shot the fish with 4 balls on the playfield the add-a-ball would compensate for the extra one out there, but that's not so. very bummer.

had a 60 mil ball one with this behavior going on, during which i started stugots 3 times and bing once and had multiball end prematurely during the entire thing. ONCE i somehow managed to time things so that i went back down to one ball and it didn't automatically end my ball. i don't know what i shot to make the machine catch up w/ the number of balls on the field.

not sure who the operator is here, but they have good sandwiches, i would go but the games are jacked-- this explains why OOO has chosen it as a nice spot to poach some scores they think won't be noticed... ROM, get down there and GC that ripley's, current GC is like 91 mil.
bounceback

Postby ROM on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:20 pm

91 is pretty big. At least, that's more than one tour of all the continents, plus the mysterious 8th continent. Maybe two tours of them all!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby revtest on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:08 am

and that score was put up 2 years ago when the game played new!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Kickback on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:42 am

An insider told me that there was a glitch that allowed that score. More info is being sought. Very reliable source though.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby deathsave on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:57 pm

seriously nasty ripley's scores are possible if that upper flipper has the gas for the super jackpot, but when's the last time you played a ripley's that did?
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Kickback on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:14 pm

something about the idol magnet sticking and giving off boints.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Return to The Machines