[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - hungry tiger too

hungry tiger too

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

hungry tiger too

Postby bounceback on Sat May 03, 2008 3:02 pm

sopranos and ripleys. sopranos had some problems with the safe and the jackpot standup wasn't working. ripleys plays great even though it's a kind of shitty game. i've always wanted to get better at that one. the new hungry tiger has much better food and decent prices. good tater tots and their burgers are huge-- even their veggie burger comes standard with two patties for the price of one, the only place in town i know of that does this. the only other major problem is the overhead lamps right above the pinball tables creates a shitty glare on the glass. kind of a bummer. they did alter their sign so that "pinball" is listed as one of the main attractions. nice move.
bounceback

Re: hungry tiger too

Postby ROM on Mon May 05, 2008 11:55 am

You should add these places to the
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Slingshot on Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:34 pm

Sopranos is still in shitty shape.
Slingshot

Postby ROM on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:16 pm

I was there last wednesday. Didn't play Sopranos. But Ripley's was good. Glare sucked, though.

I had a vegan tuna sandwich, and that was good. The vegan club sandwich is substantial, and very good.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:16 pm

went after work on thursday for a burger and to check out the ball. last time i was in there was 3 months ago. everything EXACTLY the same condition-wise, except worse, and they reset the scores. skill shot doesn't work on sopranos, safe doesn't work, stugots lock never comes up, big right lean. ripleys now leans left meaning the ball rarely comes around to the upper flipper properly. on top of that, when it DOES get there, upper flipper's so weak you can't make a penguin loop or the super jackpot ramp. doesn't matter how hard you slap the fucker. sensitive tilt, so let that left leaning motherfucker drain SDTM or you'll lose your 5,000 point bonus...

to top it off bartender somehow forgot to put in my veggie burger order, so after 3 replays on each machine and an hour of standing there, she apologizes, buys me a beer, and puts it in, but now i'm over the shitty pinball, so i'm just watching 30-somethings do shots of jager after work.

the tater tots remain tasty and crisp.
bounceback

Postby bounceback on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:17 am

just took out ripleys and added a fresh LOTR. seems to be playing ok.
bounceback

Postby ROM on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:08 am

I heard claim that there are three machines here now. Can anyone verify this, or is it bullshit?
ROM

Postby Legs on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:41 am

not as of last saturday there weren't. just lotr and family guy. but a lot can happen in a week i guess.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby ROM on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:05 am

I'm guessing my friend was tripping.
ROM

Postby bounceback on Sat May 28, 2011 11:47 pm

FWIW sopranos BACK in, along with the same busted G&R that's been kicking around town forever. G&R still eating coins, DMD fucking up, etc. but played good for about an hour after it was installed.

sopranos leans right, plays ok but nasty, playfield dirty, was randomly ending ball during multiball as of yesterday. some lights out etc. etc.-- annoying thing is they JUST put this machine into HT2 again, and didn't do shit to it, just dragged it out of BOG or wherever it came from and threw it into tiger without even rotating the flipper rubbers... annoying.
bounceback

Postby Qdub on Sun May 29, 2011 9:50 am

I pulled G&R Friday and replaced it with ST:TNG. And did matenience on Sopranos about a week ago. Was unaware of the lean. I'll level it out.
Qdub

Postby sauce on Sun May 29, 2011 4:22 pm

I actually replaced the rubbers on GnR, and did some cleaning on tuesday may 10th. So that information might be poorly dated???
sauce

Postby bounceback on Sun May 29, 2011 6:00 pm

sweet-- played sopranos again today and was not leaning right. did a weird thing during stugots-- stopped registering stugots shots, ball was bouncing out of the boat, and ball in trough wasn't being sensed, so after all balls were gone and stugots was still running, with no ball search going, had to tilt it out to end ball. maybe just a one-time glitch, problem with where the ball was lodged, didn't play it again after.

STTNG was playing nicely but was doing random power off/reset about 1 in 10 games. did it to me twice in 45 minutes.

thanks for your attention to the games.
bounceback

Return to The Machines