[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Vincente's

Vincente's

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Vincente's

Postby HornedGramma on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:13 am

Shrek and WhoDunnit? out; The Shadow and Medieval Madness in.

LOTR's left flipper is completely dead. MM wasn't taking quarters.

The kickout on the lock on The Shadow is a little sluggish, but I broke it in with a 3.6bil GC last night, edging out a CFF score by a couple hundred million.

I'll admit I'm curious as to who whose score that was...
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Re: Vincente's

Postby ROM on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:31 pm

I'm assuming that's the Shadow that used to be at Voodoo.

That old GC was bounceback's. I put up two scores in the 2.something billions. and previously, when that machine was at Green Dragon, the GC was slam tilt's (in the 2's)
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby HornedGramma on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:39 pm

Well hot diggity daffodil. Guess I was 'on' yesterday. Better yet, I've played that game probably less than half a dozen times.

I got my hair cut immediately before that game -- for the first time in about 18 months. That officially makes this my lucky haircut.
HornedGramma

Postby bounceback on Thu May 21, 2009 12:45 am

if it's the same game, the battle the power or whatever on the upper playfield was like taking candy from a baby and the game was handing out EBs hand over fist. i got the GC when it was at voodoo2 and posted that i didn't feel right about it. didn't really play my last two balls (out of 6 or so) because the game got boring, the whole thing was sluggish and easy. if they've shopped it since then, congrats.
bounceback

Postby ROM on Thu May 21, 2009 11:38 am

I think that aside from the battle the power thingy the game played great. But the battle was way too easy, and it imbalanced the whole thing. The battle just needs to be set faster, I think...
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby HornedGramma on Thu May 21, 2009 1:08 pm

Awesome to the max.

Anyway, that Shadow machine isn't there anymore, so I won't have to be faced with my shameful high score. The Medieval Madness plays better than any in town, though. I achieved the video mode on my way to a score that topped yours and yours and yours, but there's probably a reason why that is not such hot shit as well.
HornedGramma

Postby ROM on Thu May 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Don't be too hard on yourself. It was a good score. And the EB, while it can easily be lit twelve times with the too-easy battle mode thing, can be a tough shot to collect. I think I had two of them buggers lit when I drained during the game where I put up a score.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Fri May 22, 2009 12:17 am

no, you're right, there's likely some reason your score is nothing to be proud of... i mean, it's probably ok... :roll:
bounceback

Postby HornedGramma on Fri May 22, 2009 8:25 am

I'm kind of like the Invisible Boy from Mystery Men -- I'm only invisible when nobody is looking at me, not even me.

That back room at Vincente's is my favorite place to play pinball because I usually don't have to try at all to tune anybody out.

Except during that game of MM the other night -- there was this little seven year old Mexican boy standing so close to the machine watching me play I kept inadvertently punching him in the chin. I didn't say anything to him for like forty minutes, until I was maybe two troll hits away from lighting Battle for the Kingdom, and then I was like hey buddy could you step back just a little bit? The kid takes off like a frightened deer; game was over in under a minute.

...so I guess I'm saying I can only play pinball when there's a little boy in the room.
HornedGramma

Postby Kickback on Fri May 22, 2009 11:04 am

best place ever
Last edited by Kickback on Fri May 22, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby Dropshot on Fri May 22, 2009 12:05 pm

Jay what places do you like?
Dropshot

Postby Slingshot on Fri May 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Slingshot

Postby replay on Sat May 23, 2009 7:35 pm

Their pizza is junk.
"All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns." -Bruce Lee
replay

Postby bounceback on Sun May 24, 2009 1:37 am

it's junk now that jay doesn't make it for me...

today my neighbor's kid brought his hamster out on the sidewalk to play in the sun. he got his sister and dad to come out and look at the hamster. he thought it would try to run off. it didn't move. they seemed to get disinterested and went back in the house. kid swatted at the hamster until it started wandering, at slowish rodent pace, toward the grass. the kid went apeshit, dove for the hamster, and got his family back outside to try to get the hamster out from its new spot under the porch.

anyway, i wonder if it was the same kid. no understanding him.
bounceback

Postby HornedGramma on Wed May 27, 2009 10:04 am

I wouldn't have felt the need to mention it if he hadn't been wearing a sombrero and humming 'Gaucho' by Steely Dan the whole time. But I like to create what they call in radio a 'word picture'.
HornedGramma

Return to The Machines