[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Goodfoot

Goodfoot

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Goodfoot

Postby Kickback on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:55 am

These games are playing so nice right now. Sandy is a very smart woman and has insisted that this be the case to keep us coming back. If you go there soon, tell them to hire me. I interviewed and I think I have a good chance. CFF needs an ambassador in good bars like these. If for anything, keeping our fingers on the pulse and in the drivers seat of pinball becoming a runaway freight train all over Portland.

Dracula may be the smoothest game I've ever played. It is very hard but worth the time and quarters.

NBA Fastbreak plays well, however, the center shot is next to impossible and it didn't register 2 scores. Lou said it happened to him as well and it baffles me. It's a wierd board anyway and maybe that games real downfall.

Fishtales played flawless for me.

No Fear is just mean, and tight!
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Re: Goodfoot

Postby ROM on Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:50 am

I'm with ya. Everything is playing nice, and it's great that they have two machines that you can't play anywhere else in town (and since the Fishtales at Ground Kontrol has been down for a month, maybe that makes three). And you can't beat Sandy wearing a CFF Support shirt, and the owner dropping in to give us ten creds on Dracula.

The only problem with any of them is, as you mentioned, that center shot on Fastbreak. It's registered every time I've hit it. But the thing is that I rarely hit it. I don't even go for it anymore, since it's so tough to get enough power to get it up there, and if you miss there's such a high chance of it draining SDTM.

I put up a score on Fastbreak after you left. 169 with Sonics. Then last night I saw . It's almost the same thing!... except, like, backwards. Anyway, with that score, I've effectively taken JDR off that machine :twisted:

My strategy mostly involves hitting the H and the second O shots over and over (works especially great when you have the shot clock going, so all the H shots are fast breaks). I occasionally hit the left loop in order to light extra ball. I hit the far left hole in order to get the modes. Around the World multiball is really easy. I need to check the rules on that game, and stare at the playfield some more, because, while I've put three scores on that machine (one pre-CFF), I'm sort of winging it. But H and O, man, that'll mostly do it. I dig that machine.

Get that job, man! bounceback and I went there on Friday. It was so unbelievably crowded. You'll make bank working there.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Sat May 03, 2008 2:57 pm

agreed that it's rad to see sandy in the CFF shirt and she's always super nice and the meeting last week was rad! tons of people, lots of fun. i fuckin hate that no fear machine though-- flips are a hair weak, so you get lots of shitty half-ramps and weird rebounds. the angles make the ball want to go SDTM all the time, but the tilt is tight as hell, which is fucked. if you have to fight to make shots, you should be able to at least save your ass when you have to. could be a really fun game, but yet again-- i insist that if you're gonna set a game to be super difficult and remorseless, then the game should play tight and 100% working. sure i could be better at it, but it's just not worth pumping tons of quarters into when there are games all over town that play better. there are so many choices i just don't want to waste money proving that i'm good enough to put a score up once in a while on a game that hates me, when there are so many other games that love me...
bounceback

Postby eric on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:52 am

Sauce and I stopped in last night and the machines have been moved to right side of the room to make space for a huge art installation on the back wall. With the exception of HSII, all of the machines now seem to have pitch and/or level issues. HSII was randomly resetting.
eric

Postby ROM on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:24 am

Yeah, I went there on Sunday and Getaway was randomly resetting. It seems worse than before. Before, it would just sometimes reset when the ball was in that fast spinny thing... but now it's totally random.

I think the new machine placement is nice. Those standing-only tables seem to work... except when drunk people don't know how to read (or understand you when you declare, "No chairs at these tables!"). I did not notice pitch/level issues with Fishtales or Indy500. But I wasn't paying close attention.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:40 am

about time to swap those games anyway...
bounceback

Postby ROM on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:40 am

And swap they have! Or so I've heard. I hear they have a Star Wars game now. Can anyone confirm this? Is it the one from Green Dragon? Are there changes at Green Dragon, too?

ANSWER ME!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:13 am

I think I figured out the new line-up:

Fish Tales, NBA FAstbreak, Star Wars, Johnny Mnemonic.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:04 am

cool, did they fix that fast break center shot? i actually really like that game if it's working. please! get on johnny mnemonic now before the glove breaks, that game's been around the block more than a you know what. i like star wars, too, as much as people complain about it. there must be something i'm missing because even with a good multiball, it's hard to break the default scores on that game.
bounceback

Postby fathom22 on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:59 pm

FT & HS2 are out, I500, NBAFB, JM, SW remain. LMK if there any more issues with the center shot in NBA Breaksfast and i'll get it fixed.

MWM
fathom22

Postby ROM on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:56 am

That's what I meant to say.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby deathsave on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:00 pm

my third-favorite thing about MWM is his almanac of semi-hilarious names for pins. nba breaksfast was a new one to me.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby fathom22 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:22 pm

Hmmm that got me thinking......
Here are a few more...

Heavy Mental Meltdown
Gilligans Pileland
Black Ho's
Sprectum
Dr Dud
Space Sharttle
Gurthshaker
Hurlwind
In Diana Jones: the Blueball Adventure
Johnny Moronic
Monster Trash
Hurlcame
Strokeher Xtreme
Monotony
Bored of the Rings
fathom22

Postby bounceback on Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:05 am

ha ha, monotony and hurlwind are hilarious.

mike, those scores on the high scores post are pretty epic. hundreds of millions on a whirlwind? i'm stoked when i get 40-50. shit. time to dust off some of those GC'ing ways so you're not reaching so far back on these reports... would be great to see you at a meeting soon.
bounceback

Return to The Machines