[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - The Pacific Pinball Museum and a few places in the Bay Area

The Pacific Pinball Museum and a few places in the Bay Area

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

The Pacific Pinball Museum and a few places in the Bay Area

Postby inthecan on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:43 pm

I just got back from a little trip to the Bay Area, of course I made the usual stop at the Pacific Pinball Museum in Alameda and it was good to see some new blood in there! Among the highlights of their current stock is an early 80's solid state room with a Tri-Zone, a very nice 8 Ball Deluxe, as well as what I have to imagine is probably a 9.5 example of Sea Witch. I think Chris Nash had also just done his stint at the Expo for the year and every machine I played there was working quite well. I can't recommend visiting this place highly enough, you can feel the history and the reverence for the silver ball there and it can make a person slightly weepy, they are truly some inspired folks over there!

Sadly almost everywhere else I found machines it was a totally different story in the quality dept., take the Elbo Room for instance, great location in the Mission district on Valencia and unlike anywhere else I have seen all the machines are tucked in a little cove, all 5 of them. These were all leaning to right or left and the WCS 94' looked like it had not been cleaned in at least 3 yrs. I did find a few nicer looking tables at a bar in the Castro district that appear to be serviced on a regular basis at the Pilsner Inn The NO FEAR is in great shape and the TZ and TOTAN looked pretty nice though I did not play them, the down side is all of these are .75 per play (2.00 for 3 games) but you do get 5 balls for your coin.

The pinball map for SF seemed to be pretty much spot on save for the large amount of updates that will need to be done for the PPM, I am going to try and recall to the best of my ability and update what was new and what is out of there when I get the chance.
I know this defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law! - Bugs Bunny
inthecan

Re: The Pacific Pinball Museum and a few places in the Bay Area

Postby ROM on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:42 am

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Legs on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:07 pm

"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby ROM on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby PatC on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Real Cali people rap about weed.

This is what I know about based on extensive 90s rap.
PatC

Postby videomode on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Right on Pat way to keep it real
dennis
videomode

Postby inthecan on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Yes, Zoe is correct. I meant that the updates on the SF pinballmap are all spot on except for the current (and always rotating) line up at the PPM. BTW, if I did not mention it earlier PPM had by far the best tables I saw on my recent visit :D
inthecan

Postby ROM on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:05 pm

Oooh, I got confused because I thought that PPM stood for Portland Pinball Map (and I thought you were calling the SF map "PPM," since it's part of the network that was originally the portlandpinballmap...). My mistake.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby inthecan on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:26 am

Sorry for the confusion, from now on it shall be PacPM & PDXPM!
inthecan

Return to The Machines