12 Hours in Portland for Pinball

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

12 Hours in Portland for Pinball

Postby Outlane on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:24 am

A friend and I will be visiting Portland soon for the sole purpose of playing pinball all day. We have about 12 hours and want to hit maybe 4 or 5 different places. Anyone have an idea for a time efficient route that will maximize the variety of pins we can play? Only must hit location is Ground Kontrol for a quick game of Turtles. Thanks!
Outlane

Re: 12 Hours in Portland for Pinball

Postby Opto on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:40 am

http://www.portlandpinballmap.com is your friend.

If you're building a pincrawl around GK a few spots I'd check are - Shanghai (close to GK) then head over to east side for - The Standard, Red Flag (very close to each other), clinton st. pub, Apex (killer tap selection), C-bar,/ship ahoy.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby PatC on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:11 am

I would say Slabtown should be on your list, too. It's probably the best pinball place west of Ground Kontrol.

While the machines are at all different levels of quality, it is one of the best dive-bar pinball places in town.
PatC

Postby eric on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:55 am

Ship Ahoy & C-Bar in SE. Two awesome bars right across the street from each other with 16 pins between them.
eric

Postby Outlane on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:18 pm

Great suggestions... I do plan on doing a cram session with Portland Pinball Map before the trip but wanted to get some ideas from the horse's mouths. Thanks!!
Outlane

Return to The Machines