[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - C-Bar

C-Bar

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

C-Bar

Postby revtest on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:54 am

I heard that C took out taxi and added black knight 2k, so new line-up is.... Dk, BK2k, Elvira PM, FT, AFM, IJ4
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Re: C-Bar

Postby eric on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:19 pm

AFM and IJ4 are out, TOTAN is in. BK2K was turned off.

Does Cashbox still have machines in the Alleyway? That MB or Dr. Who would be great in the C-Bar lineup. Whirlwind and LOTR too. Or really, any game that doesn't already exist at the bar across the street!
eric

Postby Dropshot on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:38 pm

Are they down to 5 machines then?
Dropshot

Postby eric on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:07 pm

Affirmative - 5 machines.
eric

Postby Dropshot on Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:06 pm

I heard from Eric last night that C-bar now has ToM
Dropshot

Postby eric on Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Yes, it replaced BK2K. The right flipper has problems though. You barely have to lay your finger on the button and the flipper will flip - it's that sensitive. It also stays actuated for about an extra half second after you let go of the button. This is really annoying, but the game can still be played. Of less concern, the kickout of the Vanish saucer is really weak (we had a ball get stuck in there and it took the machine like 10 minutes to kick it out) and the Hocus Pocus magnets don't appear to be working.

That said, the game is in really good shape and plays well save for the flipper problems.
eric

Postby bounceback on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:33 pm

i thought 'fuck that place the owner's a dick' was still the order of the day? any indicators that he's somehow become enlightened? i really don't get a good vibe in there or have much fun playing those machines anymore, though i haven't been in in a long time. they quite obviously don't give a shit what we say there.
bounceback

Postby eric on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:24 am

I disagree, I think the bartenders there are awesome and always seem to be on top of what's going on with the machines. I think the issue lies in the operator being slow/unresponsive to repairs, especially if the machine is still earning. Seems the only time they fix something is when the machine is totally crippled and unable to take quarters.
eric

Postby west on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:35 am

"Rock 'n' Roll is the only religion that'll never let you down."

west - WBG
west

Postby HornedGramma on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:45 am

I saw Wade -- the super cool, enormously tall dude from C-Bar tending over at Clinton St.

Is he not at C-Bar anymore? I used to be there all the time until our car died, just because the staff is so rad (and because I had a grudge match with Attack From Mars).
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Postby west on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:28 am

west - WBG
west

Postby bounceback on Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:32 am

i'd like to know what the story is there, maybe he could shed some light on the issue. at least he transferred to another pinball hot spot, does that mean anything? might be a good reason to go back to clinton street, especially if he works sundays. that dude was always pretty cool to me too. and yes west, that's what i was talking about. so you too can confirm that that's what the owner has said in the past? and on separate occasions now?

eric, i would agree with you about cashbox in general being really shitty about maintenance-- but nikki at alleyway proved that if you keep on them, you can get them to take care of shit. i have no knowledge of bartenders at c-bar talking to cashbox about games (maybe you do,) but if they are and it's still not helping, word's gotta come from the owner. if he was NOT reportedly a prick with bad things to say about pinball players, that would be reason enough for us to demand some results or take our play elsewhere, (i.e. i gave up completely on the standard, despite their lineup, because i've heard the bartenders have conversations with their operators and not get results-- they need to dump their operator and get new games in, and until they do i don't waste money there, although i like the bar ok,) but add in the negative reputation he has for things he's said and i plan to stay clear until i hear something's changed.
bounceback

Postby Dropshot on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:06 am

On a plus side, i stopped in there the other day to meet with fred and eric and as i was leaving i noticed they had a pad and pen for customers to write down the date, machine, and issues to relay to cashbox. Not sure if it is being used our they respond but it's a start.
Dropshot

Postby west on Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:52 pm

west - WBG
west

Postby Soundcard on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:28 am

wade is the man, and im pretty sure marryanna does talk to cashbox when problems arise. i personally dont care about the pinball players remarks cause fuck that guy, it is the shit he talks about my sister that is the real problem. and it does kill me that i cant go over and play TOM or see my friends that work there.
I'm just rehabing my shoulder... and trying to get my fuck on.
Soundcard

Postby COW on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:06 pm

Party Monsters and Fish Tales are out. Black Rose and Adams Family are in.
COW

Postby eric on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:20 am

Both BR and TAF are in really nice shape, however as of last night they're both exhibiting major problems (surprise!). The third flipper on BR is stuck halfway out. TAF has a wicked right lean to it - if you try to cradle on the left flipper the ball will actually roll up the flipper bat and drain! I can't tell for certain, but it looks like the playfield latches aren't properly seated beneath the lockdown bar. Seriously lame.
eric

Postby bounceback on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:12 pm

that jargon you're talking is fucking poetic. i never realized there was a distinction between "flipper" and "flipper bat," and it's sexy that you said "the playfield latches aren't properly seated beneath the lockdown bar" and then "seriously lame." it's like you're a cross between data from star trek and the older sister on married with children. mm.
bounceback

Postby Dropshot on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:16 am

Oh yeah and I GC'd that bitch at 4?? mil. That game will break 1 bil even the way it is playing right now
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:04 pm

Was Black Rose taken out already? It's off the map.
Vibe Police
ROM

Next

Return to The Machines