Voodoo Donuts 2

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Re: Voodoo Donuts 2

Postby Ricochet on Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:28 pm

Fixed the flipper on T2.
Roadshow is Playable, will put a new plunger on very soon.

Thanks,
Jeri and Trish
Ricochet

Postby ROM on Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:35 pm

Thanks.

A guy was playing T2 yesterday, and then all of a sudden he was tapping the right flipper over and over. But he didn't tell anyone or turn the machine off. So we put our money in, and quickly discovered why he'd been doing all that tapping. Players should tell other players about these things! Not just run off.

Yeah, we still played RS. I wonder how it broke like that?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Jeri on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:18 pm

T2's Flipper stopped working when a roll pin worked it's way out of the armature. :(

I was in Voodoo today and fixed an opto on Dracula that was making the castle multiball not function correctly.

I tried replacing the shooter on Road Show, but grabbed a shorter one by mistake. It's still playable. I'll bring a longer one next time I go by.

-Jer
"You call it lowering standards, I call it a learning opportunity"
Jeri

Postby Jeri on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:38 pm

The cracked shooter rod on Roadshow is fixed and a put a new spring on Whirlwinds shooter rod. We almost have Fishtales ready to replace Whirlwind.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby ROM on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:55 pm

The right flipper is broken on road show! The button fell out, and it won't stay in.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Jeri on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:28 am

Hehe. Surprised the doughnut goo isn't holding it together. I'll go over and fix it now.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby Jeri on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:38 pm

Pulled a Canadian coin out of Hurricane's coin mech, fixed many bulbs, fixed spinning back box disk and replaced the shooter tip.

Adjusted right side gate for mist multiball.

Replaced GI connector on T2. It's much brighter now.

Voodoo says we can keep 5 machines there now. We were thinking about replacing Hurricane with Simpson's Pinball Party. What do you guys think?

-Jer
Jeri

Postby Dropshot on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:28 am

TSPP would be a great fit there.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:23 pm

I meant to comment on this months ago...

Ricochet - I don't know if you've intentionally set the machine this way, but only 1 extra ball can be obtained on Road Show. You can light more extra balls, but hitting the shot doesn't reward you with anything. Also, you can light and collect Special, but it doesn't reward you anything.

And on the Getaway at Standard, collecting Special doesn't reward you anything, either.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:09 pm

two plays for $0.75, quit your bitching about special. Extra balls are always fun though.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:17 pm

It's not bitching, you jagoff.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Jeri on Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:27 pm

Some of this is artifacts of settings we did to make some machines more tournament friendly weeks ago. (Special == boints and less extra balls) We also try to keep things fair for everyone including the owner of the locations, by tuning the machines, so they make money and so the player doesn't feel cheated. (no excessive tilting, bang backs, etc)

Trish and I have a pretty good feel for what is too mean in a machine and we often loosen them up to be more fair. Any of our machines too easy? We can crank them back down.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby Opto on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:28 am

Jeri - special = boints thing seems cool. I've had several sessions at both places (standard and voodoo) where I was playing really well, and getting replays, and days where I was sucking royally and feeding you lots of quarters :x . The tournament eque settings are nice for when we do have tournaments, and if you've found a middle ground, that's awesome.

Note on Dracula - I had both the castle multiball, and coffin multiball going at the same time, w/ only 2 balls on the table (and not cuz I was draining). Seemed like I got one or the other (castle or coffin) of the multiballs on their own, w/ only 2 balls as well.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby ROM on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:02 pm

I think the EB thing on Road Show has been like that since the first tournament we had at voodoo. It makes going for that GC (which was likely obtained under different settings) very very difficult!

I'm not super bummed when collecting specials doesn't reward me with a replay. It's not the end of the world. But I wonder what other people think about it (like, more casual players who may expect Specials to == replay, as per usual, rather than some boints).

Once again! I'm not trying to question or bitch; I'm just saying, "the settings are like this, which is different than the settings on your other machines, and so I'm not sure if it was intentional or not."
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:10 pm

It's not necessarily easy to get a special, if they are able to get them they are probably also getting replays and have a pocket full of quarters. I guess they are nice but I'd say 90% of the time I get special lit through mystery I get angry because, EB, lock, jackpot lit, hell even pop bumpers maxed is better.
Dropshot

Postby Jeri on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:31 pm

I'll check out the optos and diverters on Dracula.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby ROM on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:44 pm

Jeri - I was just there. And, yeah, something's going on. Sometimes it wasn't registering the ball in the mystery hole, and so it would do a ball search, and then give you a ball from somewhere else. Then when the multiballs started you'd only get two balls or so. Lotta weird little things.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby eric on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:35 am

One additional note on the pricing - FT only gives you 1.5 credits for $.75 (though it does give 3 credits for $1).
eric

Postby Ricochet on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:50 pm

There was a missing pinball from Dracula, which caused the multiball problems. Not sure where the ball went, but it's not in the machine. The diverter coil sleeve looked gummed up, so we replaced it.

Reset high score table on Roadshow.

Fixed the pricing on Fishtales and tried to quiet the tail down. We may need to turn it off if Voodoo thinks it's still too loud.

-Trish and Jeri
Ricochet

Postby Ricochet on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:00 pm

It looks like The Simpsons is going to take too long to get ready, so if all goes well we'll take Jurassic Park over tomorrow and replace Hurricane.

-Trish
Ricochet

PreviousNext

Return to The Machines