Voodoo Donuts 2

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Re: Voodoo Donuts 2

Postby Kickback on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:34 pm

I never got any extra multiball love when I GC Drac. In fact, it tilted on me without much provocation and hosed me on all my huge ass bonus. I think it's the floor more than the sensitivity. I noticed that the games tilted randomly when they sit on cracks. That's why I wish there was a rug or something. The games scoot funny on that floor. I think they are doing a great job keeping the games tight.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby bounceback on Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:27 pm

definitely, riccochet is a majorly welcome addition. looking at it from my POV-- as a guitar tech-- yes, it can be annoying to hear about every little tiny thing that's wrong w/ something, especially if it's a borderline issue. if some kid comes in and he says "i want to play metal and i want the strings so low they touch the fret board, i want bass strings on my guitar and i want to play windmills all night, and i want ZERO BUZZ on my clean tone," i'd have to tell him "that's physically impossible son, but i really wish i could do it for you."

sometimes i know we can sound that same way-- "i want everything in tournament mode, i want the table clean, i want every single little light and switch bright and perfect and sensitive, and i also want to be able to do deathsaves without tilting, just by thinking about it, and i want to have the flippers compensate for the way i like to stand crooked and aim with my lazy eye so that i can GC the thing and still do spin moves when girls are watching..."

i guess my personal bottom line is that i HIGHLY respect the intelligence and independence of the Riccochet squad. they seem more than capable of deciding on their own when we're being whiny little black-clad brats, and when we have something worthwhile to say. so ultimately i think it's worth just continuing to do what we do, and things will find a rhythm that works for everyone, i hope. it's not like ROM is Slamtilt here, weeping every time he gets "ripped off" by a game no matter how drunk he was when he drained...

oh yeah, welcome back brando...
bounceback

Postby Kickback on Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:42 pm

Keepin' em tight! Fuckin right! Might play some Hurricane, tonight! Alright!
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby Ricochet on Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:08 am

We fixed the pop bumper and put a new light in, put an extra tilt warning on Dracula, but we were unable to reproduce the reset.

Thanks everyone,
Trish
Ricochet

Postby Ricochet on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:03 pm

Just put a fully shopped T2 in. It plays really fast.
We also fixed the diverter on Dracula and leveled hurricane.

Thanks,
Trish
Ricochet

Postby Ricochet on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:29 pm

We just added Road Show to Voodoo doughnuts tonight. It rumbles the whole place when the shaker motor goes off.

Trish
Ricochet

Postby ROM on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Awesome! I've spent a lot of time trying to learn to like Road Show. The one at GK bugs me so much. I hit Red in the face (like I'm supposed to), and then the ball goes straight down the left outlane. No way to stop it! I played a game the other day, and that happened on all three balls. Seems like bad design to me. But I'm willing to keep at it.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:46 am

Update. I still can't stand road show. Too many stupid random bounces that go straight down the outlanes.

And thanks for fixing the skillshot on Dracula.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Legs on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:38 pm

aww, i like road show. it's so cute and progressive with its pro-union message and woman in a leadership position! adorable.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby ROM on Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:08 pm

Yeah, pro-union is cool, but they are evil! All they care about is destroying the livelihoods of hardworking taxi drivers and the like, plus destroying the environment. And even when it comes to destroying things they don't seem to care much about the quality of their destruction. They're just like, "let's get to Friday asap so we can lock balls and buy stuff."

I want to like that game - I really do! But those outlanes can kiss my butt!!!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Ricochet on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:48 pm

After a short down period we have Roadshow up and running. We also fixed the drop target on T2 so now lock the ball every time.

Trish and Jeri
Ricochet

Postby ROM on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:24 pm

yeah, I went in yesterday for my morning donut, and saw that Road Show was down. Thanks for the quick turn-around!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby HornedGramma on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:05 pm

That tiny flipper can save like 85% of the balls that hit Red's chin. There's an unlikely seeming moment where you can send it from there right into the blast zone.

Also Road Show is the best game ever. And that cab driver deserves everything he gets.
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Postby ROM on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:22 am

If I hold the little flipper out when the ball's coming down from Red's chin, it goes straight past and into the outlane! I need another cm on that lil guy.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby HornedGramma on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:07 pm

You don't want to hold the flipper out, you want to flip right as its getting to the outlane. Like I said, it doesn't look like it'll work but it can. Maybe try just the slightest nudge, bounce it off the post.

Pat Lawlor's tiny flippers always have special powers, way beyond what you think they'd be able to do (and way beyond what it looks like they're supposed to do).
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Postby Ricochet on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:01 pm

We just put a change machine in tonight.

Trish and Jeri
Ricochet

Postby ROM on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:25 am

Sweet. Next you should put in personal shields that are attached to each machine. You activate the shield, and a force field surrounds you and the machine so that little kids can't bug you for money while you're playing, and bump into you, and put their grubby hands over the playfield! Kids these days!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Kickback on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:00 pm

By the time I get in there after 11pm. I have to borrow a rag and cleaner. The machines actually look like glazed donuts. Fortunately, the kids don't beat them like dirty hippies do.
Kickback

Postby ROM on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:52 pm

Kickback, you should just lick the machines clean! Think about how good that would taste - I mean, pinball and donuts go hand-in-hand, right? (sorta like pinball and trackies and nachos.) So there you go!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:09 pm

The right flipper is broken on t2. And the plastic on the plunger broke on road show.
Vibe Police
ROM

PreviousNext

Return to The Machines