[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Slabtown

Slabtown

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Re: Slabtown

Postby Jeri on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Johnny developed a wiring harness problem, so we replaced it with Bad Cats at 25cents. Slabtown now has six machines at 25 cents!

Dr Dude is getting weak, so it's next to be replaced. Sauce keeps pushing for Motor Dome. :)

It was cute when someone walked up to Swords of Fury and called it "Sword of Fun"

-Jer
"You call it lowering standards, I call it a learning opportunity"
Jeri

Postby ROM on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:21 pm

Nice! Bad Cats (aka Swords of Furry) is awesome. (except for the ridiculous jackpot.) I want the sound from that ramp shot as my ringtone.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby eric on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:36 pm

Yeah, that ruleset if far from purrfect.
eric

Postby Dropshot on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:51 pm

you are all lame. It's called Bad(ass) Cats. Geez. Jeri if you guys can hold off on switching out the Dude until The tourney in Feb we can use that machine as the surprise mystery side tourney machine.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 pm

But maybe we can do that with Motor Dome, too.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby sauce on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:30 pm

sauce

Postby ROM on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:30 am

Road Kings and Motor Dome side by side!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby deathsave on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:22 am

the front room will be ruled by seeeeaaaaaaaaaaaa fooooooooooooooooooooood. yeah! back room still belongs to LION MAN.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Jeri on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:19 am

We'll take a look at the progressive jackpot machines and set them to fixed amounts or the increment so low it's more fair during tournaments. Off the top of my head I can think of Dr Dude and Swords of Fury. What other ones are not good tourney games?

-Jer
Jeri

Postby eric on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:09 pm

Games with a progressive jackpot tend to be less tournament friendly (which unfortunately is most of System 11), though you can often times lessen the effect through adjustments. I think what Noah does on his Taxi is set the max jackpot to its lowest setting (like 3 million) and set the increase jackpot value to max. This way if someone collects a jackpot, it's maxed out again at 3 million within a ball or two.

Not familiar with the adjustments on Bad Cats but I'd suggest doing something similar to what Noah does on Taxi. Also make it as hard as possible to collect the 20 million. I think Bowen Kerins wrote something on RGP or RGP2 a while back explaining how to make Cyclone more tournament friendly. Could be worth looking into since the rulesets are pretty similar.
eric

Postby Opto on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:20 pm

Eric's right. I set the jackpot increase value to 20k per switch, and limit it at 3 million. I think it work great for tournament play.

Unfortunately, they didn't implement jackpot adjustments until sys11 had been out for a while. Games like High Speed and Pinbot can't be adjusted to counter this - my guess is F14 is the same as it's an 11a. They must have been sooooooo excited to be able to mimic the progressive jackpots in slots, that they didn't realize it makes for incredibly unbalanced competitive play. I think sys11's are some of the best williams made, with the exception of this feature.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Opto on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:27 pm

Played some bad cats there last night - I never get sick of hearing the Meow ramp sound! Bad Cats was really wobbly, so I tried to even it out by raising one of the front levelers (hope I haven't overstepped my bounds Ricochet!). However, in order to make it stable, the machine is tilting to the right. The game feels a little steep (can't believe I'm saying a game is too steep), and the Tiger Ramp really tough to loop - I'd suggest dropping the back levelers a bit so the game can be both level and stable.

SoF is playing much better - no sticking right flipper which is great!

GI on F-14 seemed low w/ possibly a few strings out - lower pf was DARK.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Jeri on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Badcats - Leveled and locked leg levelers.
Demolition Man - Lowered the back legs a lot. I expect you guys to have hour long games on it and maybe this will help the casual players.
Party Zone - Fixed sticky right flipper, but didn't have linkage to fix right slingshot. Still playable and will be fix this soon.
F-14 - Lowered the back legs a lot. Plays much slower now. Got the GI connector going somewhat, but will be replacing it with the heavy duty type when we go back for Party Zone
Swords of Fury - Fixed right side inlane bounce when feeding the right flipper.
Pinball Magic - Tightened posts and left ramp.
Whirlwind - Fixed sloppy left flipper linkage.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby Rob on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:40 pm

Neither the "Battle the Power" nor the Jackpot during Multiball of TZ were working when I stopped by this afternoon. Also, the playfield of F14 was looking very dim, but that could have been the excess amount of other light in the backroom. I didn't play too many other games, but the others that I did worked well.
Rob

Postby Jeri on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:18 pm

I think the GI problem on F-14 will be fixed this weekend. We now have the heavy duty connectors to fix it long term.
Jeri

Postby sauce on Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:58 am

Yeah, seemed like there was a switch matrix issue on TZ. Shots to the piano and camera would not register and you would be awarded slot machine instead. I'm guessing the switch at the entrance to the powerfield also isn't working and that is why it wont activate.
sauce

Postby Rob on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:00 am

Thanks for all the work you've put into this place.
I am finally learning to love Swords of Fury & F14...
Rob

Postby Legs on Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:36 am

Ricochet just switched out pinball magic for time machine, awesome. However, the switch issue when you lock multiple balls isn't solved...when I locked a third ball it wouldn't hit the switch and register.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby Ricochet on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:00 pm

We put a new switch on Time Machine. We also noticed that a gate was broken, but it doesn't effect game play much. We'll fix it next time we're there.
Fixed the ball get out on F-14.
Ricochet

Postby Jeri on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:06 am

Put the upper gate in Time Machine, fixed broken rubber band on Bad Cats and replaced the pop bumper cap that popped off on DR Dude.

Trish and Jer
Jeri

PreviousNext

Return to The Machines