Slabtown

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Re: Slabtown

Postby Opto on Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:38 am

In fact, F-14 does the same thing. It's the first time a Ball Save was featured in a pinball machine. And that was a sys11a. It didn't become a standard thing until the dot matrix display games came out years later.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Jeri on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:36 pm

F-14, Dr Who and Swords of Fury are almost ready. Probably move them in sometime tomorrow. I'm going to be gone for the tournament sadly. :(

-Jer
"You call it lowering standards, I call it a learning opportunity"
Jeri

Postby Legs on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:58 pm

TZ wasn't recognizing the Powerball when I was there on Friday, kind of a bummer. Battling the power with a non-magnetic ball is kind of a buzzkill.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby Opto on Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:01 am

Played some Swords Of Fury and F-14. SOF is really fun. Right flipper button is sticking on SOF pretty bad. Buttons feel *loose*? It's not the EOS switch from what I gather, but the actual plastic button. Also, the lone pop bumper on F-14 is pretty weak - I've read this is very common on F-14's. Having said that, it's fantastic to have some new games!!! Thanks Ricochet!
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Jeri on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:25 pm

Added another coin mech to F-14, tweaked the pop bumper, fixed two stand up targets in the upper left corner and soldered upper right flipper power winding.

Flattened the mini playfield metal shim on Dr Who.

Cleaned the goo from button on Swords of Fury, so it doesn't stick now. Sadly the player 1 display is getting really weak and will need replacing ASAP.

Adjusted the right side up kicker on Party Zone, so it doesn't miss the ball when shot up the left lane.

Thanks,
-Jer
Jeri

Postby Legs on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:00 pm

Something funky's going on with the display on Lion Man...sorry, Swords of Fury.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby Jeri on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:16 pm

I should have a new display for Swords of Fury in a few days.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby PatC on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:17 pm

Lion Man!

(sorry, I find myself saying that at random times throughout the day, and thought this was the best forum to channel it)
PatC

Postby Ricochet on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:54 pm

We found the right parts to fix the throw on Party Zones flippers, so it should be easier to capture the ball.

Still waiting on a display, so Lion Man will have to go a few more days with the weak one.

-Trish and Jer
Ricochet

Postby Legs on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:08 am

So there's a ball stuck between the screws on the upper slingshot of Whirlwind, leaving it in a permanent state of tilt...I don't know how it got there, but I couldn't even get it to budge moving the machine around.
Legs

Postby deathsave on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:51 pm

the EB standup target on pinball magic doesn't register. and maaaaaaaybe lower the tilt bob a bit? even light slap saves are getting me called an "IMPU-DIMPUDENT SWINE!" and it's eroding my self-esteem.

DM's freeze lock ramp is gnarly, to the point that it only makes sense to go for demolition time vs. the later multiballs. i can't decide if it's more fun this way or not.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Jeri on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Pinball Magic had a broken wire on the EB switch. Thanks Deathsave. Fixed a dirty contact on the pop bumper. It goes nuts when it's kicked out of the stage now.

Demolition Man: I checked all the ramp entrances for loose screws and posts. I hit each ramp from standing still and while the ball was moving and didn't have a problem when I hit them solid. I upgraded the coil a month ago to the strongest . BTW

Whirlwind: Ball found it's way on top of a post and got stuck. Strange luck.

Lion Man rides again with a new display (Swords of Fury). I don't like how the right button is much softer than the left on this machine, so I'll get replacements when I make another parts order.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby PatC on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:57 am

LION MAN.
PatC

Postby Jeri on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:15 pm

Swords of Fury had a left flipper spring binding and an in lane bounce. Now it flows smoother and easier to get the right ramp to the upper play field.

F-14 had a sticky upper left flipper.

Upper flipper rubber popped off of Demolition Man somehow.

Fixed the right side general illumination on Dr Dude.

-Jeri & Trish
Jeri

Postby sauce on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:23 am

Seemed like the the lip on the time expander bubbled up the right side or something, making it pretty easy for a ball to get stuck up there.
sauce

Postby Jeri on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:36 am

Thanks. I'll go fix that tomorrow. Looks like it will need some epoxy to build up the wood under the metal band.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby Jeri on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:07 pm

Replaced the soft, limp, flaccid flipper button on Swords of Fury and two lower coil sleeves. We're still fighting to get rid of the oil the crazy old dude we got the machine from decided to spray all over the flippers.

DR Who metal lip is level now. Fingers crossed it stays this time.

-Jer
Jeri

Postby deathsave on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:56 pm

lion man.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Jeri on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:36 am

FWIW. We plan on swapping machines at Slabtown starting after the first of the year. The Dude is probably costing us more in bulbs than we make. :)

-Jer
Jeri

Postby deathsave on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:57 pm

still waiting for you to put a leaf blower on that whirlwind.
deathsave

PreviousNext

Return to The Machines