Slabtown

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Slabtown

Postby revtest on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:28 pm

Funhouse is playing great "tea bag Rudy for a million"

Soprano's is steep and weak flippered bad combo

MM needs some love, the left inlane bumps the ball off the top of the flipper killing the ramp flow and damsel ramp is jamming on the dragon or something, i know Jacob fixed the inlane issue once, it worked good for a bit but i have a feeling this is going to be an ongoing thing

Sam and Brenda are talking about adding another pin also having a tournament so the pins will be fixed for that I'm sure

bonus indoor ping pong!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Re: Slabtown

Postby fathom22 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:16 pm

I'll get these issues fixed this week, thanx for the heads up.

MWM
fathom22

Postby revtest on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:03 pm

nice, I love how this works. really works!

Thank you sir, I dig playing here my friends own it and its so close to my house.

thanks again

this is great, nice job fellas. See how this works kiddies....Speak Up!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby bounceback on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:16 am

yeah i like this bar in general. was glad to see they added a 3rd machine, funhouse is a cool one to see around. wish i knew where that creature went though, because it was playing great, one of my favorites in town. speaking of creatures, wish i knew what happened to the one that had been at the alleyway too. also nice.

i'd go to a tournament at slabtown, the back room is separate enough from the other things going on in there that you can concentrate. good drinks and good place to see decent unknown bands.
bounceback

Postby revtest on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:35 pm

I belive the date foe the tournament is set for NOV. 20 its a thursday not sure what time or format but will find out more tomorrow and get it posted to the calender.
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby revtest on Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:20 pm

So the date for the tourny is NOV 20th and its going to be on three machines (MM, FUNHOUSE, and SOPRANO'S). there will be a qualifying round from 6-8 pm then top 8 advance to head to head double elimination. the qualifying round will be play one game on each machine and boints will be awarded for top scores (3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd or however that works to get 8 people you get the point). Buy in is $5, pinball is free, with Slabtown promising 1st place min $100.00 (more pending how much is taken in buy in's). then 2nd and 3rd could get ether money (if enough is raised) or beer and food or goodies not sure how ever it works. should be fun there is also a beat up Simpsons game to crush and a ping pong table so bring your paddles. Brenda and Sam who own Slabtown will be our hosts and they are good people, they also used to publish the zine MULTIBALL a pinball and music kinda mag and are friends of mine so it would mean a lot to me and them if we showed up in force and took advantage of the festivities. Also there could be some rival gangs there, I've crushed some OOO scores on their machines in the past so that could be fun. :twisted:
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby ROM on Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:33 pm

Super awesome. I added it to the calendar.

1033 NW 16th Ave
Portland, OR 97209
(503) 223-0099
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:25 am

when does slabtown open up for the day?
Dropshot

Postby revtest on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:50 pm

3pm mon-sat 5pm sun
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Plunger on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:28 pm

Yes, I am looking forward to this, especially since, once again, my work schedule totally screwed me from going to the Shorty's Tournament.
Plunger

Postby bounceback on Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:19 pm

louie and danny b in a battle for GC on sopranos-- lou missed GC by 200k only, also narrowly failed to beat BOSS mode. he got madness champ on MM right before, only to have danny take it down about 30 minutes later. danny has sworn to GC all 3 machines before the tournament, and has a funhouse strategy that seems to work, though he was bitten by the curse last night and seemed to give it up without maximizing his progress. all games playing pretty well, midieval doesn't seem totally level, but it's fast and you can make damsel.
bounceback

Postby Dropshot on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:11 pm

I guarantee to have both sopranos and MM GC by tonight
Dropshot

Postby sauce on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:01 am

Ive put some scores up on Fun House in the past, probably knocked down by now. I will be there.
sauce

Postby Dropshot on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:16 pm

Sopranos screwed me, i had it too, the trough doesn't register that you drained a ball when you do drain so you have to tilt the game to get to your next ball. It sucks.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:59 pm

My housemate's world cup has a similar issue. The problem is most likely little ridges in the ball trough, created by the heavy balls falling in there and making new grooves, that's preventing the ball from reaching the sensor.

Mike from QE explained this to me. And since he teching those machines, I'm sure he'll get right on it.

You got jacked!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:32 pm

Completetly jacked, anyone going to play anywhere today?
Dropshot

Postby bounceback on Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:14 pm

i have to go downtown anyway, thinking of putting in a little time at GK on my way to work, then maybe somewhere from there. still want to board on addams fam at speakeasy.
bounceback

Postby Dropshot on Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:22 pm

Where is there a TZ i still need to lay that game, ROM- I played Shadow the other day, i think it was fucked up, a ball was stuck in the mode area so i couldn't start any modes or get EB, also the top play field wasn't working, or I couldn't get it up there. I hit the drop target like 10 times and it wouldn't stay done. I got over a 1 bil and GC was at 2. I think I could have come close if the game was actually working? That was a GK, how is the voodoo playing? Also, on the map it says there is a TZ at O'briens, still there? Bounceback said there was one somewhere else too, not sure where though.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:22 pm

The Voodoo one is playing great. GC on it is 2.8. I got 2.2 last week, for 2nd place.
What drop target are you talking about? I don't remember a drop target, except in the upper mini-playfield. I don't ever play the one at GK, because it's been wack for ages.

As far as I know TZ is still at O'Brien's. It's a semi-expensive yuppie bar, and I'm sure that machine gets thrashed by jocks. But it would be worth checking out. And next door you have Ripleys (at least last time I was there), and down the street is the Quick Stop with two machines.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:27 pm

there's a TZ at silver dollar too, on broadway by mary's. don't tell everyone-- it's a mull brothers game and their maintenance is total shit, so when it breaks it's probably going to stay that way. don't fuck it up. they have a family guy that was in impeccable shape last time i was there, though, playing nice. put up 3rd or so. GC was over 200, i used to get that kind of score pretty consistently when it first came out and i was playing it a ton, now i'm a bit rough around the edges, need to get back up to speed.
bounceback

Next

Return to The Machines