Clinton Street

Locations to play. Make notes on the current status and quality of machines throughout town.

Clinton Street

Postby Dropshot on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:04 pm

Is it just me or has this place gone to shit. MM has to weak of flippers to make any shot not to mention the game is so dark you can't see the ball, Champion Pub leans hard to the left and is the right corner where everyone needs to go to the bathroom, i still don't get the simpsons, they came in to work on dracula a few weeks ago which i thought there was nothing wrong with it and now it just drains down the side every chance it gets and tilts if you look at it funny. High Roller is the only decently working game there but its High Roller, not really to much to it. I thought our sign was on the wall, something should be done. Like first off replace all the missing vct on the floor that makes every game lean one way or the other. Its too bad people still go put money in their machines or they would know that they need to change things up and make it better.
Dropshot

Re: Clinton Street

Postby ROM on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:43 pm

The playfield on their simpsons is covered in dirt.

clinton is a little too cramped and smokey for me.

High Roller is fun, but I had some trouble getting a groove. but I blame myself.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Kickback on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:38 pm

So quickly, the dropshot dilemma comes up. You new guys ever heard of Philip?
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby Dropshot on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:46 am

yeah i know the story
Dropshot

Postby Kickback on Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:55 am

Fuck him! He had no heart. Til Death!
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby ROM on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:36 pm

Jay, you brought up the "dilemma" - not dropshot.
I'm conflicted about all of this still.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby fathom22 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:12 pm

Thanx for the heads up on the Clinton St pins, I'll get all these issues resolved this week except for the decomposing floor, thats Jason's job.

MWM
fathom22

Postby ROM on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:04 pm

Cool, Mike. Thanks. The Simpsons is definitely playing fairly well... but there's clearly a good amount of dirt on the playfield.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:20 pm

I just heard from revtest tonight that you pay attention to the site, i head no idea and really appreciate it. If only every owner/operator worked that way. thanks mike
Dropshot

Postby bounceback on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:55 pm

i second that-- thanks for being a presence on here. that's fantastic. please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help make it possible for you to more frequently take our money and give us joy in return.
bounceback

Postby fathom22 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:36 pm

I've been checking the CFF site regularly for comments/service issues on Quality locations. No one wants to play a busted POS pin, including me! So keep on posting the comments and I will make sure the problems are handled quickly.

We are adding a TOTAN to the line-up at the Green Dragon Friday and a LOTR sometime next week. This place could turn out to be one of the best pin spots in the city since they serve "real" beer instead of Trucker Tea ;) I know, micros cost more but they get you buzzed quicker! 8-)

MWM
fathom22

Postby bounceback on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:16 pm

that's great news. i frequent the dragon, totally a fan of microbrews personally unlike the majority of CFF. they'll drink anything. just checked out the arabian. it feels good and is really fun. that ramp is pretty steep but not impossible. i've played AN's where that shot was a lot easier to make. before i left slam tilt showed up and said one of the pop bumper plastics had come off. i didn't see it myself but it would be worth checking out.

the star wars i really want to like but it still doesn't feel right to me. the adjustment helps so that it's less floaty, but now the ramp is nigh on impossible to make. i don't know that much about pin repair-- is it possible that the coils are fatigued on the flippers and they just can't muster the muscle to make that shot? i feel like that's one of my most frequent complaints on pins that have been played a lot. my demo man sometimes gets a little tired when the game's been on a while and i don't really know if it's something that can be fixed or not.

also noticed that the EB lamp on batman doesn't seem to be lighting. no biggie, that game's playing great and is a lot of fun now.

the right phantom flip on MB doesn't ever work either. the ball save works, so it's kind of ok, except it sucks when you're running ball-and-chain and the mode ends because phantom flip fucked you and you have to wait for the re-launched ball to trickle down out of the bumpers instead of having your shot all lined up. i spent a lot of my time trying to remember to switch so that i didn't roll over phantom flip during modes, not what i want to be concentrating on. still had some really great games though, i love that machine.

thanks for keeping up on this stuff!
bounceback

Postby autofire on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:23 pm

I went to clinton last night and decided to take notes on every problem that I encountered.
well when I walked in two of the machines were turned off and one was MM and thats why I had gone there to play that game.
I turned it on and put 50 into it and the ball launch didnt work. I had asked seple if I could and she said at my own risk.
so i turned it back off.
also the HR was turned off but I didnt try to turn it on to see what was wrong.
The simpsons kept getting balls stuck on the monorail and in the quicki mart. The game is filthy and maybe a good cleaning would fix it but the monorail just needs to be bent up a little.
the Dracula sauce was telling me the bonus was burnt out. I didnt play it though.
The CP only registered gut shots in fight mode and the jab combos didnt work either.
and the placement of that game just seems like its going to fall right thru the floor. It moves all over the place.
Seple said that she thinks that mike puts the crappiest games in there cause they always break. I dont think thats the case there are alot of duchbags that go in there and it gets hella smokey. CFF hasent had a meeting in there in about a million years and our banner is on the wall.
I like that place but when I walk into a place to ball and two machines are off usually I just walk out but I like that bar when Phil isnt there.
well thats my 2 cents
autofire

Postby Dropshot on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:53 pm

Clinton street machines blow, to many assholes go in there and treat the machines like shit.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Tilt told me months ago that he wanted to rub off our logo from that place. What's he waiting for?!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby fathom22 on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:04 pm

Thanks for the heads up about the pins at Clinton St. They do get the crap beat out of them but thats no excuse for them to play like crap. I'll get a tech in there this week to get them dialed in. Not much I can do about the *moon crater* floor in there, thats Jason's job to fix.

~MWM
fathom22

Postby Kickback on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:22 am

Screw that place anyway. put those machines at my house instead. they'll get treated right and make money!
Kickback

Postby autofire on Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:08 pm

mike you are the man! i love putting my hard earned quarters into your machines
autofire

Postby ROM on Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:03 am

Word from my cell phone is that Clinton got rid of Simpsons and Dracula, and added Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, and Elvis: Rise of the Pompadour.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby fathom22 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:58 am

Jason said he would get the floor fixed soon, lets hope VERY soon or the pins might just fall through to the basement!
MWM
fathom22

Next

Return to The Machines