Beware Random Links

Talk about machines, scores, brawls, bonus multipliers, and so on.

Beware Random Links

Postby bounceback on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:11 am

just a quick FYI:

some spammer posted a comment on one of the articles on the main page that was just a link to a webpage-- when i followed the link my anti-virus stopped the page and said it was a "known attack site." the username given was some kind of incoherent 3 word thing-- like "(something) lesbian lawer." i thought it was just some radical lesbian lawyer, perhaps, with some interesting pinball tips to share, but NO!

anyway, i think this is the first time this has happened, and i deleted the comment, but this is just a warning to everyone to be careful about the links you follow-- make sure they're from folks you know. if we get more of these we'll start using some special computer sleuthing to track the IP addresses of the perpetrators and cut their hands off. right, technical people? or something?
bounceback

Re: Beware Random Links

Postby ROM on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:38 pm

Thanks. I've noticed one or two spam comments here or there on the blog. We are using the regular wordpress spam blocker. But I will add another one - it's good, and catches most things. I'll do that once I get home.

Also, this whole site is slow. I want to talk to drew about getting it transferred to my server.
Vibe Police
ROM

Return to General