[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - OT: Things you should know but probably don't

OT: Things you should know but probably don't

Talk about machines, scores, brawls, bonus multipliers, and so on.

Re: OT: Things you should know but probably don't

Postby Dropshot on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Well due to a few head hits earlier in the year, most recently last week when Pittsburgh's Matt Cooke blind sided Mark Savard of Boston. Savard is most likely done for season with a concussion and with that the Bruins have little to no chance of holding the 8th playoff spot. David Booth also was hit in the head earlier this year and was sidelined for a few months with a concussion as well. In both incidents the league failed to give any suspensions to the players making the hit. With that in mind the hit Alex Ovechkin put on Brian Campbell early in the first period was questionable. Yes, I would say it was right to call a penalty on the play but to give him a boarding penalty (5 min) and a game misconduct seemed a little steep. Chicago came out strong scoring the first 3 goals and went into the 3rd period with a 3-0 lead. However in the final 8 minutes of the game the Capitols were able to score 3 goals in 2:30 to tie it up and force OT. Chicago had two great chances early in OT but Backstrom netted his second of the game to win it for the Caps 4-3. Toews had the first two goals for Chicago. Next week is Boston (30-25-12, 72pts) v New York (30-29-9, 69pts). Even though Lundqvist is playing like shit in net for the Rangers they should win this game, 3-2.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:53 am

Brian Campbell ended up having a broken clavicle and two broken ribs. He won't be back until the playoffs.
Dropshot

Postby revtest on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Hockey sucks! But here are some pic's of something that might not suck (but it could)!

http://www.pinballsales.com/asp/aa_Iron%20Man.asp

By some pic's I mean a pic that might not even be real.

Oh and just kidding Hockey doesn't suck..........It blows! :lol:
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Kickback on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Two game suspension For Ovechkin, two fingers crossed that Iron Man doesn't blow.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby Kickback on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:47 am

Aaron, why should I gamble on Minnesota winning in the first round NCAA? I know they closed out strong, but 11 beating a 6 and it's Xavier? Every year I read and study and watch Andy Katz and every year my bracket crumbles. Does anyone have a pool going I can lose?
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby Dropshot on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:01 am

I wanted to have MN beat Xavier and then beat Pittsburgh. I even put it in for a bit but I just couldn't see any of it happening. I do have Missouri beating Clemson but I think that is even less likely. I was going to run a pool with anyone who wanted to get me a bracket by the Thursday night tourney but now have decided to opt out since I would assume it would most likely be you and I.
Dropshot

Postby Kickback on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:22 am

Yep. Sounds about right. I just want to get some of the first round right.
Kickback

Postby Dropshot on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:28 am

Ha, I have Notre Dame in the final four. I'm fucked!!!
Dropshot

Postby Kickback on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:01 pm

I do to. look at their bracket though. They are hot!
Kickback

Postby Legs on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:54 pm

ha, i'd be in, too. but i've already sunk money into the putters pool and my dad's office, so it's probably better not to gamble every last quarter i have.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby Dropshot on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:04 am

Well, Boston won. 2-1 to be exact. Satan started off the scoring with a sweet cross ice one-timer into an open net. Lundqvist really had no chance and NY defense was horrible all day, especially from you Olli Jokinen, you hack. Wideman later made it 2-0 with a sweet backhand top shelf over the glove from the top of the circle. Sweet shot! NY got one late in the game but wasn't able to put any more pressure during the final minutes to make it interesting. Typical over hyped east coast crap in my opinion. Meanwhile, the Sharks have been tanking, Phoenix has been reeling and the Caps secured the division in the East. The Rangers have lost 3 straight and I have written them off in the East. The only team now that can catch Boston for the 8th spot is Atlanta, who, actually started this whole thread when they traded Kovalchuk to New Jersey some weeks ago. Huge game tonight between Washington and Pittsburgh, anytime these two teams face each other it has a playoff caliber feel.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:20 pm

The top two seeds in the East (WAS,NJ) have been knocked out. San Jose barely got by Colorado, Detroit blew out PHX in a game 7 in PHX. I'm thinking it is going to be Pittsburgh v Detroit in the finals for the 3RD STRAIGHT YEAR! Pens in 6!
Dropshot

Postby Legs on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:12 pm

the official video for that cee-lo song just came out and actually has some pinball machines in the background around 3:00. also starts out with some EM chimes. i'm hoping cee-lo's a secret baller.

"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby Dropshot on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:55 am

The journey to the fall classic starts Wed. The AL teams have been decided and they are the MIN Twins, TEX Rangers, NY Yankees and TB Rays. The NL gets a little interesting. PHI Phillies and CIN Reds are in. Then there are 2 spots left and 3 teams all right there. If SF Giants beat SD Padres today the Giants win the west. If the Padres win they will tie SF for West and have a 1 game playoff. Now is when it gets tricky, the ATL Braves play the Phillies today and if they win and the Padres lose the Braves win the wild card. If the Braves lose and the Padres lose there will be a 1 game playoff between the teams for the wild card. If the Padres beat the Giants and the Braves beat the Phillies there will be a 1 game playoff between the Giants and Padres for the west and then the loser will have to play the Braves the next day to decide who gets the wild card. I'm not even going to get into potential first round match-ups, it might confuse you.

I got the Twins to win it all, any takers?

Oh, and the NHL regular season starts Thursday!

Call me crazy... it's not going to be Detroit or Pittsburgh, Washington or even New Jersey. You heard it hear, LA Kings will win their first Stanley Cup.
Dropshot

Postby kevin on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:28 am

I'll bet on the Twins....losing in the first round like every year.

And it's interesting that you mention four hockey teams that all flopped last year. I agree, none of them will win the Stanley Cup. The Kings have some nice young players. I like them....to make the playoffs.
kevin

Postby DannyBackglass on Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:18 pm

Ill put 20 on the Twins blowing it. I never even heard of them. I'm gonna put a friendly fiver on The Blues to make the first round of playoffs.
DannyBackglass

Postby Dropshot on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:18 pm

I am watching the Penguins and Capitals play right now. Alex Ovechkin and Evgeni Malkin (both superstars) hate each other even though they are both Russian. After two shifts Ovechkin flattened Malkin and started a fight amongst everyone on the ice. Then the next shift Malkin cross-checked Ovechkin in the back.

1-1-11 these two teams play again in the Winter Classic outdoors at Heinz field. It's a must watch! Oh, and Sidney Crosby is on a 23 game point streak.
Dropshot

Postby kathygagno on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:57 am

Hopefully it won't get rained out.
Happy New Year everyone!
kathygagno

Postby JDYeager on Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:31 pm

Game moved to Saturday night (8:00 PM EST) to hopefully avoid the predicted rain:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/3 ... 03112.html
JDYeager

Postby Dropshot on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:20 pm

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/consol ... 5&id=95973

You can't really see it here but in the first fight Campbell's face gets destroyed! This clip doesn't show it but there is another fight 3:51 in to the game as well. 4 fights, 2 goals in 4 minutes. Greatest game ever.

(Rom, or somebody else, maybe you can embed it)
Dropshot

PreviousNext

Return to General