OT: Things you should know but probably don't

Talk about machines, scores, brawls, bonus multipliers, and so on.

OT: Things you should know but probably don't

Postby Dropshot on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:27 am

Holy Shit! Kovalchuk was just traded to the Devils to play along side Parise. Other than Crosby and Ovechkin Kovalchuk is the best scorer in the league. Other than those 3, Parise is the best scorer, well maybe tied with Heatly, Kopitar and Sedin (Henrik, not Daniel). Not to mention the Devils have the best goalie of all-time in Broduer. Well it could be argued that Hextall is the greatest (trust me, youtube it!) but none the less the Devils look tough. Especially when Martin comes back from his broken leg. Here is the real question though. How many of those players I named have played hockey in MN at some point? Just sayin.
Dropshot

Re: OT: Things you should know but probably don't

Postby Dropshot on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:43 am

Basically this is insane, he turned down 7 years $70 mil (which would have been highest paid per year ever) and also turned down 12 years 101 mil (biggest contract ever) and will become an unrestricted free agent next year.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:34 am

Dropshot

Postby deathsave on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:29 pm

is this related to the winter challenge?
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Legs on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:01 am

I'm pretty sure all of these Canadians are better at disc golf than you are.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby DannyBackglass on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:00 am

Blues.
DannyBackglass

Postby Dropshot on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:46 am

Ouch...not sure which is worse, being a Blues fan or a Rams fan? The Blues as bad, but somehow have one of the best road records in the league while at the same time being one of the worst teams.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:43 pm

In more hockey related news Brian Burke's son Brendan Burke died in a car accident yesterday. Brian is the GM of Toronto, was the GM of Vancouver and was the one who turned the organization around. He is also the GM of Canada's Olympic team. Brendan quit hockey after freshman year at Boston I believe, transferred to Miami of Ohio and became team manager and then in his Senior year told everyone he was gay. That is why he quit hockey in the first place, his teammates already had a feeling he was and nobody cared.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:15 am

Woah, I have a friend named Brendan Burke. His dad is an FBI agent, though, and not a hockey player.

I threw a 74 at the Pier Park disc golf course today. Not so hot. But it was fun, and that's what matters.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:16 am

That is where the winter challenge takes place.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:34 am

Penguins v Capitals on NBC right now. Great game so far!
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:58 am

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:27 pm

if it's from pittsburgh, it's good.

also, all hockey players are gay. it's ok, guys. no one cares. love each other.
bounceback

Postby Dropshot on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Canada v USA 4:00 Sunday

It's still round robin but this game is going to be great!
Dropshot

Postby Opto on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:56 pm

"this is a league game, this determines who enters the next round robin. Am I wrong? Am I wrong?"

"Yeah, but I wasn't over. Gimme the marker Dude, I'm marking it 8."

"Smokey, my friend, you are entering a world of pain."

"Walter..."

"A world of pain."
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Dropshot on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:09 pm

"you're not wrong Walter..."
Dropshot

Postby Legs on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:35 pm

did you know that one of the women on the canadian curling team is pregnant?! (don't worry, dropshit, it's not the hot one.)
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby ROM on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:55 pm

did you know that in last week's simpsons episode, marge and homer and skinner and skinner's mom are on a curling team together, and they make it to the olympics. And skinner's mom tells us about her past experience in the olympics. She was a high jumper, and she was pregnant during her run for the gold.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:13 am

is this a thread or its own category?

i saw part of USA canada today and first america scored, then canada, etc. i don't know who won, but some canadians were there shouting and i thought they were stupid shitbags that couldn't put their money where their mouth was, and surprisingly lightweight drunks. i'm talking shit bout people i don't know for no reason because it's off topic, which, ironically, in this thread, is ON topic. i'm becoming more and more anti-pregnancy all the time, fwiw, i think little babies should be illicit substances for the olympics. they're fucking up the plan, and boosting people's hormones, it's just like taking steroids and shit. cheating.
bounceback

Postby Dropshot on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:13 pm

And you thought this was going to go away. You missed a great game Sunday morning between Detroit and Chicago. I know I know, you are all thinking "but Detroit isn't even that good this year," but that is where you are mistaken. They haven't been as dominant as previous years but they have had a lot of injuries to star players. Anyway with their 5 goal comeback in the second period and defensive stance in the 3rd they were able to hold off the #2 Blackhawks and with those 2pts for the win were able to jump Calgary into the 8th and final spot. Look for them to continue strong throughout the remainder of the year and if they hold onto the final spot the first round match-up between them and now #1 San Jose Sharks could be very interesting. The Sharks were knocked out by #8 seed Detroit last year when they were the favorites to win the Cup. San Jose has been known to tank it in the playoffs.

This Sunday 9:30 NBC. There is a great match-up between the Blackhawks and Washington Capitals. Both are very young, fast, and have very potent offensives. The Capitals are the #1 team from the East and look to win the President's Cup. Not only will this match-up showcase 5 of the great young faces in the NHL, Toews (pronounced Taves) and Kane for the Blackhawks against Semin, Green on the point and Ovechkin who has won the past two Hart Trophies and looks to again. These two teams appear to be the favorite to battle for Lord Stanley's Cup come playoffs in April. Look for Washington to win this game even though it is in Chicago. Washington will be on one day's rest after playing Tampa Bay at home while Chicago will be at Philadelphia the night before in the very physical battle as the Flyers are fighting to hold on to a final playoff spot in the East. WAS 7 CHI 4.

Stay tuned next week for a full re-cap and preview of the following weeks match between bitter rivals Boston Bruins and NY Rangers. Both fighting for a final spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

Most teams only have 17 games remaining.
Dropshot

Next

Return to General