[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Pinball in movies catalog

Pinball in movies catalog

Talk about machines, scores, brawls, bonus multipliers, and so on.

Re: Pinball in movies catalog

Postby ROM on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:32 pm

My problem is that I did not win the Powerball yesterday!

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:35 pm

2 machines in Van Wilder, 1 of them being Getaway
Dropshot

Postby west on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:36 am

Pinbot in BIG.. he has it delivered to his snazzy new pad.. (edit: just saw noahs post.. day late and dollar short.. psh)

ps.. hello everyone.. ive missed your collective online scent..
"Rock 'n' Roll is the only religion that'll never let you down."

west - WBG
west

Postby Switch on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Switch

Postby Dropshot on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:42 pm

yeah, that was posted on one of the first few replies
Dropshot

Postby Switch on Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:58 am

'yeah im weak and slow. one day i wish to grow up and be the men that you you are! until then your going to see my weak attemps to be on board with the same drive and love that you have. until im "cool" enough, deal! im one ant with a hill
Switch

Postby Legs on Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:24 pm

not a movie, but my relatives are watching post-christmas tv and have settled on "clean house," a home makeover show on the style network. the packrat lady whose house they are cleaning up has a super dusty, broken dr. who, and she refuses to get rid of it when her queeny home stylists want to put it in a yard sale. thrilling drama! then my cousin made me explain to everyone how i can be world ranked at pinball. can i come back to portland yet?
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby Rob on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:52 pm

In Elton John's "Pinball Wizard" section of Tommy, Tommy is playing a Buckaroo machine. The IPDB has this mislabeled as the machine that Elton John is playing... Buckaroo, a Gottlieb machine, makes the Elton John vs. Tommy competition for the title of "Bally table king" seem a bit silly. I guess singing "Gottlieb" just doesn't flow as well...
Rob

Postby Rob on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Also, Sesame Street featured the "Pinball Number Count":

The audio quality for the segments varies, but they're all there.
Rob

Postby Legs on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:19 am

an episode of law & order: svu (i don't have the attention span to watch movies, so i think tv shows count) features sharkey's shootout. apparently a kid was playing the game, went to the bathroom, and got his throat slit by some guy who thought the machine was controlling the kid's mind.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby revtest on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:20 am

IT WAS!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby ROM on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:29 pm

As we saw on Sunday, there are a couple machines at the end of Goodfellas.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby DannyBackglass on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:29 am

Wow. Simpons. "Thursdays With Abie". Season 21 Episode 9. Title Intro. Couch Gag Choas Muli-Ball. On Fox web sight now.
DannyBackglass

Postby Legs on Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:49 am

that's freaking rad. looks like someone tried to deathsave maggie and couldn't make it happen.
Legs

Postby Isaac on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:02 pm

In The Life Aquatic, a character can be seen in the break room playing a custom Team Zissou machine.

And of course this gem:
HWJP?
Isaac

Postby Opto on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Sound FX editor pulled a fast one over on everyone - just listen to the smooth sound of those chimes on that Rollergames!
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby mgk on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:22 pm

speaking of Bill Murray flicks
watching Where the Buffalo Roam right now, and there's a scene @ ~14:50 with an EM in the background

edit: turns out it's a 1973 Williams Travel Time
mgk

Postby PatC on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:26 pm

Watched Weeds last night and they had a custom pinball in the intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2TWlx82DfA

There's also an arcade scene later in the show, but I couldn't identify any as they rolled by.
PatC

Postby KYL on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:28 pm

There's a show on the G4 Channel called "Human Wrecking Balls. It stars the Pumphrey brothers, two roid addicts who travel to various places (fast food restaurants, auto dealerships, etc) and wreck things.

One of the episodes recently was called "Arcade Armageddon." They walked into what appeared to be a phony classic arcade and broke everything... including four pinball machines!

Granted, they were 80's Gottlieb games, but still.

with a bit of footage from that show.
"Drug users don't get the highest scores." -- Keith McTeeth
KYL

Postby PatC on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Someone (not me) started a blog of this very thread: http://swl.tumblr.com/
PatC

PreviousNext

Return to General