[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Pinball in movies catalog

Pinball in movies catalog

Talk about machines, scores, brawls, bonus multipliers, and so on.

Re: Pinball in movies catalog

Postby PatC on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:22 am

Night Rider.

PatC

Postby ROM on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:30 am

Oh, and I made a Spaceballs gif.

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby inthecan on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:42 am

Many kudos to Charlie Martin of the Seattle Pinball Museum for posting this on FB the other day, this one is old school! :D

I know this defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law! - Bugs Bunny
inthecan

Postby Isaac on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:13 am

So I learned last week that RollerGames is based of a Gladiator-like TV show. Most of you probably know this already but I enjoyed this clip either way.

HWJP?
Isaac

Postby Legs on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:44 pm

Reviving this thread because I'm rewatching Dazed and Confused and noticed that Slater plays a Fireball at the arcade, as I'm sure has already been pointed out. Between that, the Fireball in Waking Life, and the Space Rider in Before Sunrise (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GinBWW1p1GE), I'm starting to think Richard Linklater might be slipping pinball machines into all his films. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby jonnyo on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:57 pm

Here's a couple more historical ones.

Someone sent me this one recently. Very anti-pinball, from the pre-flipper/gambling days: Bullets or Ballots (1936), with Humphrey Bogart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2gMCidGwc0

Also, after a fair amount of research, the earliest reference to pinball in a film I've managed to find is this one. It's from a flick called The Women in his Life (1933), featuring an as-yet-unidentified game. Stars Otto Kruger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRjks4fj ... r_embedded
jonnyo

Postby PatC on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:09 am

This current season of Nikita on tv has an Eight Ball Deluxe. Which I was all into, seeing it in the background, until SPOILERS that house gets blown the fuck up.
PatC

Postby eric on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:17 am

Whoa, nice finds Jonny.

There are a couple pins in the opening titles of Straight Time, around 3:15. A vastly underrated movie, if you haven't seen it.

eric

Postby Opto on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:37 am

Whoa - Jake Busey AND Gary Busey is in that movie . . . so is Kathy Bates . . . so is E. Emmet Walsh and Harry Dean! Going to the top of the queue.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby ROM on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:38 am

Has this been posted yet? An article on gawker from last year, called,
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby TheStandardNate on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:35 pm

I watched Children of the Corn last night. Has anyone posted the Medusa from it yet?

I can't find any video, but Malakai is ripping before he murders an entire diner full of people.

Looks like an awesome machine. I wanna play it.
"Well, there goes our Saturday night air hockey tournament."
TheStandardNate

Postby Opto on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Medusa = Artwork and sound are top notch. Killer ruleset. Zipper flippers and drops are neat. Overall gameplay . . . is pretty good,but not great. The oulanes and slings are really different than most games. Basically you end up just throwing the ball up top anytime you can. Throw your arms in the air if it's near an outlane - no amount of skill bumping can be done to get the ball back. It's just a crap shoot.
Opto

Postby Isaac on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Watched a little Home Alone over the holiday. The McAllister's have this machine in the basement. I have no clue what it is.

HWJP?
Isaac

Postby PatC on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:03 am

While I won't admit to actually watching "Lost Boys: The Tribe," maybe I did.
And maybe there was a Jungle Lord in it.

photo.JPG
photo.JPG (167.55 KB) Viewed 22092 times
PatC

Postby Opto on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:47 am

But do you own it . . .that is the question.
Opto

Postby PatC on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:55 pm

I don't own a jungle lord.

That was a netflix that sat at home since november 2nd. I finally watched it last night. It wasn't very good.
PatC

Postby TheStandardNate on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:58 pm

There is a good nudey scene or two if I remember correctly.
"Well, there goes our Saturday night air hockey tournament."
TheStandardNate

Postby inthecan on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:58 am

Could this be the Great Granddaddy of all pinball flicks? Pretty rad that it was set in Portland! Sounds like it may have been loosely based or inspired by the Diamond Jim Purcell pinball gang racketeering scandal of the 50's

Portland Expose: A powerful national gang of crooks sweeps away the local petty one in a play for control of vice in Portland. One club owner in a desireable location is unwittingly sucked in when he allows the local gang to first get its foot in the door installing pinball machines. But the new gang wants to go all out:gaming, prostitution, and an increasing share of the profits. Union pickets(considered sacred at that time)then threats against his family ultimately bring the straight-laced club owner to heel. But he and his family are confronted by increasing danger including an attempted rape of the daughter by a convicted sex-criminal, a gang member who can't stay away from the "dollies". The enraged club owner fights back and with the help of some honest police officials and the muscle of some uncorrupted union leaders beats the crime syndicate. An excellent film which loses a star from the corny "civic-minded" Dragnet style intro and ending as well as the unbelievable scene in which the club-owner's daughter forgives a date who earlier suggested a tryst in a motel since she surely must "get around" because of the "wide-open" kind of establishment her family runs. C'mon, how much cornier can it get? A real woman would tell him to take a permanent hike after smacking his smirking face. 4 stars.
I know this defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law! - Bugs Bunny
inthecan

Postby coyle on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:42 pm

The new Toyota ad has a bank of them in the DMV at 0:28. In a perfect world...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XmdQjJ ... 3163880252
The night life ain't no good life, but it's my life.
coyle

Postby ROM on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:22 pm

There's a machine in the 1990 surf movie, Strange Desires. It's a 23 minute-long surf vid about the South African pro surfer, Martin Potter (he won the world title in 1989).

strange-desires-martin-potter.jpg
strange-desires-martin-potter.jpg (192.99 KB) Viewed 21727 times
Vibe Police
ROM

PreviousNext

Return to General