[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - The Hallowed Hall of the High Scores

The Hallowed Hall of the High Scores

Talk about machines, scores, brawls, bonus multipliers, and so on.

Re: The Hallowed Hall of the High Scores

Postby Opto on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:46 am

1.1 billion GC on the whitewater at "Bottles" on Fremont and 51st. 1st and only game played.

That place is pretty cool - it's like a Beer Mongers with 5 taps and tons of bottles that didn't seem overpriced. Plus they have pinball and shuffleboard in a back room area.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby DDT on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:42 am

Some place on Belmont up from Vern. The bones place.
TOM plays like crap Melody operates. Sluffed a GC. Spot has potential.
Needs real machines. No pool tables or video poke. And from the sound of it the want to focus on pinball. That I like. (smile wink e-mote)
DDT

Postby HornedGramma on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:03 pm

GC'd the Family Guy at Cosmo Lounge with 176mil. That's 171mil on my first ball, and 5mil scraped together with the rest. Did manage to light the second extra ball by piling up ramp shots, but didn't manage to collect it. I was really hoping to break 200mil, but 176mil is still a personal best on Family Guy.
So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Postby ROM on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 pm

Wow, nice. So you hit that ramp like 50 times?
Did you complete all the modes and get wizard mode? I'm going to upload a video soon - three clips of dannyb getting to the wizard mode (from the observatory bar). I just need to stitch the clips together.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby HornedGramma on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:29 pm

That was 46 ramp shots to light it; I left the game with like 49 ramp shots. I got hung up on collecting that EB, which on Family Guy is a risky proposition.

I still had one more TV mode to run, and I think one other requirement besides that to start Sperm Attack. I had Crazy Chris and Good Old Boys both at 1mil per shot during a kickass Stewie Multiball, as well as another pretty solid Stewie Multiball that account for a good chunk of that score.

Getting to that wizard mode is the next goal I've set for myself. Sure as hell takes a lot of hammering to get there.
HornedGramma

Postby ROM on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:36 pm

Since the upper left flipper on the family guy at Observatory is broken, you end up using way more shots to hit the spinner and light TV. Danny was getting to wizard mode when he had like 40 million boints.

Yeah, Stewie Multiball is not even worth starting if you don't have a mode running.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:24 am

GC'd a ST:TNG at Tanker last night around 4 1/2 billion. The machine is set against a wall and a partition wall giving 3 inches of room on each side. Machine plays pretty nice though.
Dropshot

Postby PirateMike on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:20 am

I've had a couple personal bests lately, which is really satisfying... no score on the board, but I did 28 million on funhouse at GK the other day, which is almost double my previous best on the table... Not the greatest score, but it still felt really goddamn good.
PirateMike

Postby Legs on Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:56 pm

GCed the Radical! at the Record Room with 26M and change. I've never played it til now, it's kind of fun, and this one plays great.
Legs

Postby DDT on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:38 pm

That STNG, is a slow roller. Right ramp to video game. That's the trick.
DDT

Postby PirateMike on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:59 pm

PirateMike

Postby Isaac on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:42 am

GC'd Dr Who at Slingshot Lounge. 920M
Isaac

Postby HornedGramma on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:33 am

#1 on the Rolling Stones at Apex with 120m. Lots of room for improvement, but I'm starting to get a feel for that game and I actually really like it. Best Stern in a looooong time; there's been one or two aspects of each of the last five games or so that I thought were kind of neat, but the overall product has just been shit for years. Rolling Stones, it all kind of comes together.
HornedGramma

Postby ROM on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:46 pm

Hornedgramma - you should have come to the tourney last night at Slingshot, and showed off your Rolling Stones slaying skills!

Personally, I like the game, but I don't love it. As far as Sterns go, I'd still much rather be playing Family Guy or Spider-Man...
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby sauce on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:18 pm

1.4bil on Dracula at Tonic with 46 loops!!!
sauce

Postby inthecan on Mon May 23, 2011 8:02 am

@HornedGramma[quote][/quote]As far as Sterns go, I'd still much rather be playing Family Guy or Spider-Man...

Yeah, after perusing their output of the last 8 yrs I have to say I would actually much rather play Stern's O.G. tables, all the new ones feel like kid's toys in comparison! I'm on a bit of a mission to seek them out - anyone here got any of their golden age SS titles? I'd really be interested in getting the opportunity to check more of them out, I especially want to get my hands on a Star Gazer! http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2346

I recently played Stern's 1979 Dracula at the Seattle Pinball Museum, the thing was way more interesting than most of their recent line up http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=728&picno=18214

But I digress... congrats on the nice scores! On the new school Stern's it seems that the general endurance/exhaustion factor one faces during play generally far outweighs the challenges of the game.
I know this defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law! - Bugs Bunny
inthecan

Postby Opto on Mon May 23, 2011 10:56 am

I've got 9-ball and Quicksilver - both won't be leaving any time soon. Seawitch, Cheetah, Big Game, Flight 2000 and Meteor are all really great too.

After playing Star Gazer for the first time a few weeks ago, I can say it's probably their best. Killer spinner rules. Hopefully it and some of the others will be up at the NW show this year. They usually have quite a few.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby JeffK on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:57 am

Put up 4.2b-ish on ToM the other night at GK good for #1 on the board. I gave up, for all intents and purposes, after I passed the previous #1 at 3.9 cause I was on my last ball and the GC is over 8b. Basically implemented the get 8x and shoot theater letters over and over strategy that I read about on here. Also had a completed grand finale, with some help from basement awards. Is there something im missing or did DEN (not sure who that is, if you come to to the weeklies, Id like to shake your hand) just hit 500 theatre letters on his first ball or something?
JeffK

Postby JeffK on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:03 am

460something GC on CFTBL at underdogs in NW. Not a big score but its been there a bit. Creature ramp during multiball likes to only give one letter per shot, two if youre lucky last I played it (excuses, excuses, I know.) #1 is CFF at 300 or so, I think Zoe, cause she lives in the neighborhood.

Also have the highest billionaire club on BoP at gypsy up the street with something piddly. More CFF should come to NW and put up some scores. Whats not enticing about 6 dollar thimble shots of brokers and frat boys hitting those punching bag games while you're playing?
JeffK

Postby sauce on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:49 am

Got 122mil or so on Simpsons at The Apex. Got mystery spot stacked with itchy and scratchy and that probably netted me about 80mil of it. This machine is playing really nice, and pretty hard, all settings seem to be set on hard too.
sauce

PreviousNext

Return to General