[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - New Indiana Jones coming soon!

New Indiana Jones coming soon!

Talk about machines, scores, brawls, bonus multipliers, and so on.

New Indiana Jones coming soon!

Postby ROM on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:00 am

Pinball News has a few pictures and some info about the upcoming Indiana Jones machine!

Looks like there's a giant Ark in the upper playfield (by the way, let's hope they spell "Ark" correctly this time around).
Vibe Police
ROM

Re: New Indiana Jones coming soon!

Postby Kickback on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:52 pm

Another successful steal by Stern. I think they built a career out of running Williams out of business and stealing their ideas and technology. Stern sucks balls and their games show how out of touch they are, j
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby Slingshot on Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:34 pm

Williams' Indiana Jones is one of my favorite machines of all time...Stern could easily fuck this one up.
Slingshot

Postby bounceback on Sat May 03, 2008 2:28 pm

playfield looks super open down low... hope there are some ramps. i heard there's a bunch of balls in this one... do you have to wear the headset to get boints? are those really the ties of the pinball elite right there? fuck...
bounceback

Postby ROM on Mon May 05, 2008 11:44 am

You mean you don't wear a headset like that when you're playing? I have one on at all times. But I let my hair cover it up. I use it to pipe in motivational phrases, like, "Yeah!" "Go for the ramp!" "Ok, now stall it, and then aim really good." It works for me.

Pinball news has a bunch .
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Tue May 20, 2008 11:05 am

If anyone's interested in the rules, Pinball News has them at the .

Of course, that's all stuff that's simple to figure out.

Things I've been wondering: So the green targets surrounding the Ark shot help light "Raiders...", so what does hitting the back of the Ark shot do? That Ark shot perplexes me. The magnet seems to have three different settings: reverse, where is repels the ball away; soft lock, where the ball only locks when delicately hit to it; and strong lock, where the lock grabs the ball no matter how fast it's moving. It's really that soft lock that's baffling - and I swear I'm not imagining it all; there are times when it seems like the magnet wants to grab the ball, but it just doesn't have enough strength. I've lit the phrase, had it say 8 Ball Ready, and then hit it up there 10 times with no lock. It seems unreliable...

When exactly does the Crystal Skull ramp count toward the EB? Regular mode: yes; Last Crusade mode: no(?); Temple of Doom Multiball: yes; etc. Basically, I've seen it count toward the EB (Extra Ball lit after seven ramp shots) during ToD Multiball... but, in general, it seems unreliable. Sometimes it doesn't register when I swear it should.

All that said, in a game where you can pretty easily get a 40 million bonus tacked on to a 50 million ball, the bonus multiplier is one of the most important things to rack up. I just have to get better at not tilting my 90 million balls. Does Ball 3 have an automatic double bonus (like Spiderman)? I haven't noticed. But sometimes the bonus does carry over...
Vibe Police
ROM

Return to General