[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - A podcast called 3nonjoggers takes down cff or what?

A podcast called 3nonjoggers takes down cff or what?

Talk about machines, scores, brawls, bonus multipliers, and so on.

A podcast called 3nonjoggers takes down cff or what?

Postby ROM on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Just saw : Check out @3NonJoggers latest podcast as they take down Portland’s most dangerous pinball gang.

That was posted on 1/13/13. So it's probably in Episode 101, from 1/11/13.

I'll give it a listen tomorrow. Anyone know what this is about.
Vibe Police
ROM

Re: A podcast called 3nonjoggers takes down cff or what?

Postby ROM on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:26 am

Still working my way through this episode.

They're talking about how sometimes women runners are faster than men runners. And they're attempting to reconcile their manliness against this. Like, can they still be men even though a woman has run faster than them??

Any time anyone says "black" they start talking about Django Unchained. Even if someone says the word "back" they start talking about Django Unchained ("back" is just one letter away from "black").

Now they're talking about tracksuits. Getting closer to pinball...
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:03 am

They finally get to it around 45:45.

Their recollection is: Thursday night at a place on burnside; a "league" is there; "leagues are the worst! what a bunch of hipsters!" "No, worse than hipsters: nerds!"; Pirate Mike told the podcaster's wife she couldn't play a machine; the bartender or someone states that this league is there "every week" and they never buy anything but just bogart the machines for two hours; then the owner goes nuts on everyone.

Welp, I'm sure many of you were there. Not a great podcast. And the The Wurst is balls.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Isaac on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:16 pm

LOL!

They go on and on about how nerdy pinball is, then wrap up the show talking about so and so winning such and such race in this and that time.

Pretty sure we did not get kicked out, but decided to relocate. And I don't know about anyone else, but I can't go to any tournament without spending $15+ at the bar.

Great find. Thanks ROM.
HWJP?
Isaac

Postby Dropshot on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:55 am

I didn't listen to this but would it be worth getting in touch with them and questioning there journalist integrity? Probably not, oh well. I spoke with the wife and the podcaster along with the owners for over an hour after the incident and nothing from what you described even remotely close to true.

We left on our own.

The owner was drunk and angry about possibly losing 1 customer and when made aware that we all left because of him and wouldn't be coming back his tune changed.

The wife and podcaster were apologetic about the whole situation but were also not really aware of their own social short comings while trying to point out others. It was actually very bizarre how they kept bringing up ways to communicate but completely lacked those skills themselves.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Yeah, it's not worth listening to it. It would only aggravate you. It was clear to me, before even hearing your accounts, that this fellow was very blatantly describing the situation through an "everyone but us is an idiot" lens.

Funny to hear that you spoke with him for a while.

He also mentioned that Dennis (I believe) said something to him, and then as Dennis turned away the guy shouted, "hey man!" and then Dennis GOT SCARED BECAUSE THE GUY HAS TATTOOS AND THAT MEANS HE IS INTIMIDATING. Grade-A douchenozzle... just trying to entertain his listeners, I guess. One shouldn't expect integrity.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:53 pm

The couple disappeared from the situation entirely until everyone left.

The complained/told on to the bartender who happened to be standing next to the owner and Phil who were both drinking.

The whole thing was handled poorly by everyone and I was in the middle of a ball and didn't realize it was going on until it was too late.

At one point Dennis was screaming in the owners face and then the owner started threatening Dennis and it was very very close to a fight breaking out, so I grabbed the owner just moved him 20 feet back. He didn't like that one bit but I explained to him that what just happened was over and he was now dealing with me. After he settled down a bit everyone said 'fuck this we are going to MFP' and they did. I stayed back and talked with the owner, Phil (half owner) and the two dumb married people who caused the whole thing.

The best thing about it all was owner kept saying I can't lose a customer because you are having a tournament. Which they were well aware of and I planned with the owners wife and co-owner the week before. Yet he was completely unaware that 35 people just left his bar and will never be going back. It's weird that he wanted to piss off that many pinball players when he opened a pinball bar with 10 machines.

Oh well.
Dropshot

Postby TheStandardNate on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 am

We need to challenge them to a run/pinball battle. Noah and Aaron run around and shit. Huge douchebags.
"Well, there goes our Saturday night air hockey tournament."
TheStandardNate

Return to General