how much would you pay?

Talk about machines, scores, brawls, bonus multipliers, and so on.

how much would you pay?

Postby oneandasixtenth on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:50 am

For a Bally Fathom?

I have one in sight , its not local .... but he wants an offer , play-field is mylared , there is ware to-the-wood at the top ball shooter lane
sight un seen ( sent pics )
claims it works
BG is stock and great....

cab is awful

I was looking for a restore project and I like this one but don't want to low ball him but don't want to pay and arm for it , ..... Im broke ..

$ 1300 Ive asked for a price but he wont say?

thanks
oneandasixtenth

Re: how much would you pay?

Postby DDT on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:22 am

Sounds like a dilemma. Will you have to ship it, or are you able to pick up? Do you know someone in his area that can verify it's working status?
I'll speak on my personal experience. There was a game I wanted. While searching a couple came up that were decent but not stellar. I held out, running the risk of never finding one. Luckily it did come along. And I was willing to pay a little more based on superior condition.
It sounds like this game is an option B at best. Would he be insulted at 900$? I would hate to pay an inflated rate for a game solely based on impatience...
Just my 2cents
DDT

Postby Opto on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:34 am

Do you like the game? Do you love the game? I think it's all time, but there's a lot of people out there who aren't that into it.

Can you post some pics to flickr or something? That would help a lot.

First Fathom I bought was working, but needed to be shopped. Mylared over the top of some playfield wear. Backglass nice and cabinet decent. It was in Seattle and I paid $1300.

2nd one was not mylared with little to no wear. Cabinet so-so with a bubbling backglass. I traded my megafast Getaway for it - I REALLY wanted that playfield. Cleaned it up and put fresh mylar on. Stuck the playfield in the first ones cab with the nicer backglass, then sold off the "B" game.

It's lame the guy isn't just naming a price. If he wants to have an auction he should just put the fucking thing on Ebay.

Also - ask if he'll pallet-wrap and ship with Pilot Air. I've had 2 pins shipped this way cuz the seller was willing to do the leg work of prepping the game and dropping it off. Was about $150 terminal to (portland terminal). One was from Minneapolis and the other was from St. Louis. Recently I had to do NAVL (seller wouldn't pallet wrap it) for a Star Gazer and it was $400. It was a rare game in nice condition that i really wanted. That is the "I WANT IT NOW" money you have to pay when shipping.

Post some pics!

Here's an pic of my $1300 fathom - it's really dark, but you can see the wear in the bonus area.
Attachments
Old_Fathom.jpg
Old_Fathom.jpg (55.19 KB) Viewed 7160 times
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby oneandasixtenth on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 pm

Im not sure whats up with the guy , he took it off the CL for either the reason , he was tired of the all e mails for fathom I guess

our emails have been passed back and forth every other day , still no price ....
he has a guy thats interested but the drive and kids are keeping him back

its in WI I grew up with a buddy that lives 20 min from his house .. WOW is it ment to be ? I really love Fathom and have been searching for 15 months

maybe i will have to wait ......

opto thanks for the shipping advise I will look into that as there is a saprano's machine in hawaii . for 1600 Im all over that , I have a friend close there too ..... WTF
oneandasixtenth

Postby oneandasixtenth on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:18 am

oneandasixtenth

Postby Opto on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:17 pm

Hmmm - it's asking for a login. No thanks. Maybe there's a way to make the pics public, so we don't all need to create logins/pw's just to look at them?
Opto

Postby oneandasixtenth on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:02 pm

sorry I thought that link worked ... it did fer me but dont now?
well I guess it don't matter anyhow , I just sent the guy 650 ... I will pay him the rest in a couple months (which is cool)

I talked with him on the phone for about 40 min. real good guy , He also gave me a few numbers to call as referances ...
I will give him 1200 for it , .... Ive been looking for this fathom game and they are not easy to come by this was not a hasty move ... im stoked on it for sure

cant wait to get it to oregon

T
oneandasixtenth

Postby revtest on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:02 pm

Nice, Good pick up!
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Opto on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Sounds like you did pretty good! Still curious to see pictures when you get it home.

How are you getting it here?
Opto

Postby oneandasixtenth on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:07 am

thanks for the imput..

you know, Im not sure how Im getting it here , I was going to have a friend of mine pick it up then send it? maybe air . but then I realized what a knuckle head he is (mechanically) and im not sure I trust him to wrap it up for shipping .

I told the guy I would pick it up in person as I may go out there to wisco as my buddy (the friend thats mechanically inclined) is getting married...this will be in a couple months

I will try to get some picks

T
oneandasixtenth

Return to General