Club 21 Pinball Portland League

Talk about machines, scores, brawls, bonus multipliers, and so on.

Club 21 Pinball Portland League

Postby TheStandardNate on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:35 pm

Gents and Ladies,

I was hungry for some competitive pinball last night in a DC hotel room and was pissed that I was missing the KNow tourney. I remembered that there is a Wednesday league. I looked it up and discovered that Jeff needed someone to run it for him as he is out of town. I volunteered, but everyone in the league is also not showing. Seems pretty small. I am still up for running it, but even when volunteering was vocal about having no idea how they run shit. There may be one other guy showing. I am going to cancel unless a bunch of you fine folks RSVP and wanna come gamble/take over Portland Pinball league for a night. Anyone in? It is taking place at Club 21.

Nate
"Well, there goes our Saturday night air hockey tournament."
TheStandardNate

Re: Club 21 Pinball Portland League

Postby TheStandardNate on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:16 pm

I am bailing on it.
TheStandardNate

Postby ROM on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:40 am

I always wonder if more people show than replies to the emails. Jeff usually bails on running the league if not enough people respond. But like, what if before every weekly tournament we posted on the message board with, "okay who is going to show up?" I bet a fraction of the people who actually show up would reply.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby TheStandardNate on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:07 pm

Why isn't the Portland league as strong as Seattle? Do our Tuesday tourney's take the place of a league? What if this was done on a Thursday night? or any other night? I am up for competitive balling multiple days of the week. Jeff, Is it more that you and your folks want a smaller turn out?
TheStandardNate

Postby Dropshot on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:51 pm

It is usually a different crowd than the weeklies. Most players that attend PPL do not attend the weeklies, nor do I believe they use this forum.
Dropshot

Return to General