Pinball in Houston. It does exist.

Talk about machines, scores, brawls, bonus multipliers, and so on.

Pinball in Houston. It does exist.

Postby TheStandardNate on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:27 am

Hello CFF interweb Boards,

I am in Houston and have actually found pretty OK pinball. If you find yourself trapped in Texas and lost in Houston, hit up a pub called Poison Girl.

The lineup was fun, Simpson Pinball Party, CFBL, Indy 500, Spiderman, Wheel Of Fortune, The Shadow, and Pirates of Johnny Depp.

Some games were slow and filthy, others were fast and clean. It seems like the more recently the game was brought on location the better it worked, so I am guessing that all maintenance is done off site.

Cheap drinks and a nice patio reminded me of Portland and I had a blast playing Indy 500 until way later than I should have. Put up the #3 score with 600,000,000ish, thought I could have done better.

Also GCed Spiderman with 120,000,000ish.

I am also checking out this free play night that happens every first and last Friday of the month at Joystix classic arcade. It seems like it is an arcade sales company and I am hoping I will get to play some of the new Stern LE's and maybe a Dale Jr. I will update this after Friday.
"Well, there goes our Saturday night air hockey tournament."
TheStandardNate

Re: Pinball in Houston. It does exist.

Postby TheStandardNate on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:00 pm

So I went back last night and literally every machine was broken. If you end up at this place it could be a full on flip of the coin. Fucking crazy. Did an elephant ransack the machines in the early morning? Also, the bartender was kind of a dick when I asked for the operators number.
TheStandardNate

Re: Pinball in Houston. It does exist.

Postby TheStandardNate on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:56 pm

Last update and then I roll to DC tomorrow.

The best pinball in Houston is found at Joystix Arcade on the first and last Friday of every month.

The arcade is owned by a pinball/arcade retailer named Charlie. Really nice guy, bought my friends and I our first shot.

He has about 70 games from the early 90's and up. Tons of fun machines. I had the chance to play the Tron and TF LE machines, which were OK and many other sweet pins.

Everything was brand new, clean, and worked great.

The bar was cheap and the place was packed.

Tons of fun.

check out the lineup here.

http://www.joystixamusements.com/

I really enjoyed their Shadow and Funhouse machines. I ripped a few on Cactus Canyon which I had yet to play and really enjoyed.

Just realized I will be in Baltimore for the grand opening of the National Pinball Museum next Saturday as well. Woot!
TheStandardNate

Return to General