Rocky & Bullwinkle?

Talk about machines, scores, brawls, bonus multipliers, and so on.

Rocky & Bullwinkle?

Postby Joey9Fingers on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Hey I haven't played this pin, but friend has it sitting under a tarp in his house & it's in minty shape. He doesn't even like it & is only holding onto it because he thinks it will be worth something. I think if I push hard enough I can work out a trade....is it worth it? Do I want this machine, or does it suck. The trade doesn't matter, it will be for random arcade machines of mine that he wants.
Joey9Fingers

Re: Rocky & Bullwinkle?

Postby PatC on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:46 pm

People hate that era Data East, but I've always liked that game... must be watching that show so much as a kid.

Truth is, after a while it's a pretty boring ramp-repeater type game. And they couldn't call it multi-ball, so it's TRI-BALL. Which I like saying over and over.

It's one of those that I'd pick up if it was really cheap, but be a little embarrassed to say it was in my collection.
PatC

Re: Rocky & Bullwinkle?

Postby JeffK on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:00 pm

Yeah, I would say if you love the theme, maybe. It's not a great game, but it's not as horrendous as some might claim. Also, if you are planning on putting it in your arcade and run tournies/play on running them, its not a good tournament game because of typical DE, shoot one shot over and over/randomly double your score rule set. It's the first (and one of few) that gives you a sound clip, and maybe boints, for death saving.

Here's a video of the gameplay:
http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-vide ... ullwinkle/
JeffK

Return to General