[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - portlandpinballmap.com

portlandpinballmap.com

Talk about machines, scores, brawls, bonus multipliers, and so on.

Re: portlandpinballmap.com

Postby ROM on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:33 am

Hey, we're running an iphone app giveaway contest right now. Enter to win! All you have to do is reply to the facebook post or the twitter with your favorite machine, and you'll be entered to win a code for a free app.

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby inthecan on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:22 am

First off I just wanted to say thanks to you folks for making the PPM as I have really enjoyed using it! As a possible suggestion I think it'd be dope to somehow hook it into the Taplister app so that it'd also show what the special brews are currently available at the bar locations - you seen this? http://blog.taplister.com/about-us/
Would this be a possibility?
I know this defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law! - Bugs Bunny
inthecan

Postby ROM on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:18 pm

inthecan - no, I haven't seen that. That's interesting. I'll look into it.

News: Los Angeles was added to the map. They currently have 58 locations and 110 machines. We're working with folks in LA to keep the data kickass. If you know people there who would like this, tell them!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Dig it. We added Boston to the map today:
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Legs on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:51 pm

"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby ROM on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:18 am

No, there are other options. And interestingly enough, that location was NOT in the original data I had, but then a few hours after the region was online somebody submitted Boston Eagle as a new loc. They have Attack from Mars right now.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Legs on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:39 am

"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby ROM on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:56 am

BAY AREA, CA is added to the site. [url]pinballmap.com/bayarea[/url]
We still have to do some minor things with the data.

Also, there's a write-up about the site and apps on the this morning.

PatC - can we revisit the Oaks Park discussion?
Amusement Park: http://pinballmap.com/index.html?location_no=1060
Rink: http://pinballmap.com/index.html?location_no=996

People are adding the Rink's machines to the Amusement Park listing. So there are redundancies. I can't remember what we concluded when we talked about this last time. I still think it's good to keep the two locations separate on the map... but maybe it's confusing people who are editing the map.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby PatC on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:11 am

It's tough, since the Rink is inside the Amusement Park... but yeah, it might make sense to just collapse them into one venue and then add a comment to the inside machines (flintstones, junkyard) that they are in the Rink?

Once the weather turns, I think they put those outside machines to bed, too... so it then just goes down to those two. Can anyone confirm?
PatC

Postby PirateMike on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:27 pm

It's so awesome this is expanding! I've wished for years for a site that tracked machines all over the place.
PirateMike

Postby PatC on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Hey... love that the bay area is on there now.

Seems like it could use a "City" section in the Lookup By Location pop-up, though... I jumped on to find machines in Palo Alto (since I go there a bunch for work), but couldn't do so easily. I realize once I'm down there I can use the "closest location" action... but I like to plan my routes ahead of time, if I can.
PatC

Postby ROM on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Yes, I was drowning in data entry last night, and I didn't have time to get to that part. They will be tagged!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:18 pm

chhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhicago: http://www.pinballmap.com/chicago/

"zones" will be added by the chicago admin shortly. Get off our backs, patc!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Jeri on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:34 pm

You've probably answered this before, but have you guys considered a forum for each city?

-Jer
"You call it lowering standards, I call it a learning opportunity"
Jeri

Postby ROM on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:52 am

On the CFF message board?

Or on each region of pinballmap.com (like: pinballmap.com/bayarea/forum)?
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby FHF on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:23 am

you could make a "forum" link on the pinball map like you have for "other regions", then link each region to a forum for that city on the CFF message board (e.g. Seattle). It is ridiculous how helpful the message board is for organizing tournaments. Could you imagine if we were all running around putting up fliers, making phone calls, and relying on word of mouth to figure out what the hell was going on every week :shock:
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby ROM on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:50 pm

True dat. Makes sense. Except I doubt it would be on the CFF message board... no offense! But this is an independent venture, and I think it would make the most sense to have the forums be contained on the PBM site.

On that note: now that the android app is nearly complete, Scott's going to focus on adding new features (etc) to the site. So we're looking for suggestions. Fred has had some, Patc has, as well. If you have thoughts about features or interface things, please post your thoughts here.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby FHF on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:02 pm

Yeah, well either way I would say that this message board has probably been the most critical factor in getting more people out to play in tournaments and stuff. I certainly bet that there are people elsewhere that would organize weekly events and what not if there was an easy way to get people to show up. Nobody wants to play in a tournament with 5 people! Unless maybe it's on a Taxi in some guys garage :P
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby Legs on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:59 am

The "closest locations" feature doesn't work for my droid app. It tells me it can't figure out my location, but all the other apps that require gps can find me no problem. Is this a me problem or an app problem?
Legs

Postby PatC on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:49 pm

I was thinking about the "general" forum stuff a bit, and it seems like an "easy" way to do it is to just let there be multiple comments on machines, instead of just one... so people could "reply" to a person's comment, much like a message board. Doesn't need to be anything super formal, just a place to post thoughts, kind of like comments on a blog.

I realize some might get too "heavy" with tons of troll comments, so that might not work long term... though, nothing, really, short of moderation makes that possible and moderation is too time/staff consuming.

You could just show the last 5, or expire them after 2 months or something, so there aren't tons... anyway, just thinking about it.

And "apparently" using too many quotes.
PatC

PreviousNext

Return to General