[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - portlandpinballmap.com

portlandpinballmap.com

Talk about machines, scores, brawls, bonus multipliers, and so on.

portlandpinballmap.com

Postby ROM on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:22 pm

Greetings friends! Scott (SSW) and I launched the new pinball map website! .

This site is a replacement of (and major upgrade to) the google map that I started last spring. A lot of people used the google map, but in terms of options it was really limited. So my housemate and I put this new site together. It has all the old data. But it has additional features. Those include:

-Search functions. Search to see where certain machines are throughout town. Search locations to check their current line-up. Search by region (SE, Downtown, etc.). Search for places with four or more locations.

-Comment on machines (like, on each individual machine at each location). This is useful for keeping notes about conditions. Soon we'll be adding a "search by operator" feature, so that operators could easily pull up all their machines to see what issues people have encountered. If you are an operator, please send me a full list of your locations/machines. Quality Entertainment posts theirs on this message board each month so, and it's extremely useful.

-Add your high scores to the website! You can view the scores that people have entered on each machine. There's also a news ticker on the bottom that lists top scores, so you can easily check in to see what people are putting up.

And so on!

As you'd expect, you can add and remove machines from locations, and add new locations to the map. This map is best maintained with all of our help. So we hope you'll help us keep this up to date.

I'm going to delete the old map, so that we don't have two competing sites.

Feel free to use this thread to comment and give us feedback.
ROM

Re: portlanpinballmap.com

Postby Soundcard on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:24 am

This might have just been my computer acting up, but I couldn't get the games to show up for the Ship by clicking the 'Show machines at this location" tab. All the others worked great, and the site looks amazing.
I'm just rehabing my shoulder... and trying to get my fuck on.
Soundcard

Postby ROM on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:17 pm

thanks mike. They show up fine for me. So it doesn't appear to be on our end.

Addition: we added a "Leaderboard" page.

It lists those with the top ten score entries. They are not ranked by GC, 1st and such. It's just a listing of who has the most total scores. So don't be afraid to enter your non-GC scores on machines. We want everything on there.

Also, it's very important that you spell your name the same each time - this includes punctuation (e.g. "CFF Bounceback" "CFF bounceback"). pick one and stick with it.

Next we're going to work on making the score ticker a little prettier.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Should we be listing multiple scores per machine or just one per machine? And the Bounceback was my fault, I added his GC on DK at Green Dragon with a capital B.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:20 pm

Add all the ones you've put up.

But I'd say don't mine the past. Just add ones that are currently standing on machines.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:02 pm

Fred thought of a decent idea last night. If there was a way to search by game. Say Lost in Space, click search, then all the Lost in Space scores that people have posted come up and location. To compare scores and what not.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:36 pm

um, just click "Lookup by machine"
then choose lost in space (this will bring up all the lost in spaces)
then look at the high scores.

word?

also, you added the wrong Indy game to Putter's. I just replaced it with the Pinball Adventure. But now, unfortunately, you're going to have to enter your HS into it again. (I didn't notice what it was before I took the game out.) Also, got your msg. sorry for not calling back. Busy, and going to a blazers game tonight. But I reckon I'll be in your neck soon enough!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:03 pm

Hopefully they can do a bit better than last night
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:07 pm

Ok, I get the look up by machine, I think he was more referring to looking up by scores on machines. The way it is right now you then have to show the machines at each bar. It doesn't list the machines it lists the bars. If it showed up more like the ticker, Name, score, bar....per game is what i think he explained. Just an idea
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:57 pm

They'll be back home with their adoring fans - they'll HAVE to do better!

Ok, yeah, I understand what you're saying now. we'll look into making this easier to browse, and such. And hopefully we'll have more people adding their scores, too.

Thank you for your input, dropshot and Fred. Your input is special to us.

Also, the Indy: Pinball Adventure was recently removed from Slammers. Replaced by Addams. So look for that Indy to show up somewhere else soon!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby sauce on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:05 pm

Im gonna have to go out with a note pad now to write down my scores.
sauce

Postby Dropshot on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:35 pm

i think that is the one at putter's, cashbox?
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:36 pm

Im not so sure you should do more than one score per machine either, I think that gets kinda crazy, besides are you proud of any of your 4 or 3 scores, probably not it just makes you play it more to get 1 or GC
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:53 pm

I'm not sure who slammer's operator is, but yeah, probably cashbox.

you don't have to put in all your scores.. just do what you want. but we don't want to restrict anyone from adding a score they are proud of.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:22 pm

that's very true... those scores on MB at alleyway are all very good scores
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:18 pm

The site now has rss feeds for location updates and highs scores. Use your favorite rss reader to keep up to date with updates.

Instructions. Use an RSS Reader, like the web-based or , or a client like (for Mac) or .

And then with your reader, subscribe to
http://portlandpinballmap.com/locations.rss
http://portlandpinballmap.com/scores.rss

Then log in to the reader and see the latest updates!

The web-based ones, bloglines and google reader, are probably easiest to use. Just go to the site, create an account, and then subscribe.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:57 am

. Click that to read it. It's more about cff than the map site... but that was expected.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:03 pm

Does anyone know what's at Langano Lounge?

Name: Langano Lounge
Street: 1435 SE Hawthorne Blvd
City: PORTLAND
State: OR
Zip: 97214

Someone submitted this as a new location with machines. But they didn't include any machines in the submission. So I don't want to add it to the map until I know...

Also, special update to the map coming quite soon. All you with iphones should be happy.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby videomode on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:32 pm

I can't wait
dennis
videomode

Postby Kickback on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:01 pm

They've had 2 machines forever, they are rarely worth playing though. Someone should see what's going on there. If they play good, rad. If not, see who operates them and find out if that can change.
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Next

Return to General