[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Bounties

Bounties

Talk about machines, scores, brawls, bonus multipliers, and so on.

Re: Bounties

Postby bounceback on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:44 am

there's no such thing.

bounceback

Postby HornedGramma on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:58 am

So much for a friendly topic...
HornedGramma

Postby HornedGramma on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:02 pm

HornedGramma

Postby Dropshot on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:40 pm

I joined CFF because they are the ones that got me to drop 2 quarters in a slot to begin with, and they have made me a better player.
Dropshot

Postby HornedGramma on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:46 pm

Whatever floats yer goat.
HornedGramma

Postby Dropshot on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:50 pm

Yeah, we do have members that occasionally will miss treat games. I didn't see it happen, if I did I would have said something. When I drain, I sometimes will kinda hit the metal brace going across the front, it makes a loud noise and sometimes people look. It isn't doing anything to hurt the game though, I guess it could set a bad example. Picking it up and dropping it isn't good, I have picked games up and intended on dropping them out of anger but i just set them back down, I just want the machine to know, I could so it better treat me better. All in all, i think most CFF members hold each other accountable for the treatment of games when it is seen, and you should do the same. Next time you see that just call him on it and rip on him for draining. But you got to be playing to do it, we threw two Tournaments last night and you say you were there.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:51 pm

I don't think it's so much that we're trying to swarm and humiliate you, but more that this is a message board on the internet, and it can be difficult sometimes to know where an anonymous person is coming from and what their tone is and what their motivations are, etc. It's very easy to suddenly become defensive after someone chimes in from no where making somewhat critical remarks about a score (a score that he didn't claim was the most awesome thing ever... he just presented it as what it was: a difficult to beat score, with a bounty attached. And, by the way, bounties are fun! It's a challenge, not a threat.). I guess that "it's the internet" is not a great excuse... and maybe I don't hang out at ship enough, and at any rate confrontation and what not doesn't seem to follow me around much... but as a member of CFF, I can't really say I've ever had an unpleasant experience while playing around town. So, I don't know - we're not all to blame.

I can't think of any tall burly bearded guys. Jonathan maybe? but I don't think he has a beard. autofire? At any rate, it's a bad move.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby HornedGramma on Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:01 pm

I was playing at the Ship yesterday afternoon. I was slouched half-drunk on the bar by the time people started to show up for the tournament, and out of quarters besides. I went with the intention of practicing before the tournament but kind of ended up shooting myself in the foot. You say its a weekly thing, though, right?

And no: you're not all to blame, not at all. Lots of you guys are totally friendly. Some of you are skeezy as shit. Its all good, I'm not the sort to pick a fight. Not intentionally, anyway.

I think the idea of bounties is killer. I went to Ground Kontrol yesterday to try my hand at the Road Show machine. Even if the offer is off the table by now (and I have to say that Danzig isn't really my thing anyway), I've got a feel for that game more than most and it would be cool to get on the board over there. Damn though if that Road Show isn't in sparkly condition.
HornedGramma

Postby HornedGramma on Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:19 pm

HornedGramma

Postby Dropshot on Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:07 pm

That video kinda scared the shit out of me, i think I heard "smoke crack" some where in there. Yeah it is a weekly thing, next week is going to be at the Goodfoot, or Clinton. I know Clinton sucks, but if they have new games it might be worth it. I am going to head down there in a bit to see how everything plays.
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:37 pm

for the record, "we're not all to blame" was supposed to be a sort of double entendre - meaning that yeah, CFF members are all unique and special; but I also meant that the crazy and overly-defensive posturing is not only coming from our side.

And the bright side: at least it's not OOO that's the big pinball gang in town. Judging by the character of some of their members - zero integrity straight dicks - they would make pinball life around town a living hell. Lucky for us, as they are now they just come across as insecure pills.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:02 pm

Gramma meet me up at Clinton if you are free and lets ball a bit, no shit talking or nothing just clean good fun
Dropshot

Postby Kickback on Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:46 pm

Horned Gramma is the shit. That video was heartwarming as fuck. I miss my Gramma's kicking my ass and making me go to bed early. Let's do this! Ever seen a Grand Lizard, Grandma?
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby HornedGramma on Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:49 pm

HornedGramma

Postby Kickback on Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:08 pm

Check the International Pinball Database granny. Unlike Mark Plante's "chicken heart" the Lizard will get inside you and change everything you thought you had stored up in your wise old basket. If you could roll balls off of your tongue like this, you wouldn't be talking to us in a chat thread sugar. Dang!
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby bounceback on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:53 am

bounceback

Postby ROM on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:32 am

No way, slamtilt is skinnier than me. No one would mistake him for burly.
If autofire has a beard now, then it could be him. In the past he's had some strange animosity toward machines (divulging his desires to shatter playfield glass, etc.) which gave me pause. of course, he might be out of town right now. There's always a chance that the burly bearded guy is not in CFF (was he wearing a shirt?).
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby HornedGramma on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:35 am

Oh, you talk to me like I just started playing and I've never posted on a message board before. I appreciate you taking the time to break it down for me, but I know that God created the message board that there may be shit-talking.

Being on the inside, you have different perceptions of some of CFF's behavior. Conversely, being on the outside, I'm unfamiliar with your interpersonal politics and can only react to what I see (which might be something for you all to keep in mind). Ultimately I acknowledge that the reason the Portland pinball scene is on fire like it is is because of you guys. And I fucking love pinball, so in that regard I am appreciative of every motherfucking last one of ya.

Sometimes there are drunken asses and intentional humiliation. Sometimes someone pounds on a machine. Sometimes its CFF, and sometimes its not. Last night at Clinton some dickbag flipped off your logo on the wall and then just about put his fist through the glass of Terminator 3, and at that moment I was glad that there is SOME kind of organization in this town that means something -- its what keeps games from ending up like the ones in the bowling alley I used to play at in California.

Probably I came looking for some of that patented CFF shit-talk, if I'm being honest. You guys are almost as good at that as you are at the game itself. It motivates me to get better and beat your scores. I get a little fire under my feet and I focus and I watch and learn and practice. If I beat you guys, I'm beating some of the best players in town. Its not so much a competitive feeling, just an indicator that I'm improving. And okay, a little competitive too.
HornedGramma

Postby HornedGramma on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:39 am

HornedGramma

Postby ROM on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:26 am

AUTOFIRE!!!!
Vibe Police
ROM

PreviousNext