[Sticky] Give us suggestions

Don't wank.

[Sticky] Give us suggestions

Postby ROM on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:36 pm

What sort of forums/subforums would you like to see on this board? Tell me, because I can add them. The more feedback the better.

What sort of stuff would you like to see on other parts of the site? We have some things planned, such as a photo gallery, store for gear, and a pinball map. But, you know - feedback.
ROM

Re: [Sticky] Give us suggestions

Postby ROM on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:59 am

I have a suggestion!

Right now those little icons next to the forum names and the posts are the default phpbb icons. They are pretty meaningless to me. And they are boring. So I'm going to work on making a pinball icon, using the pinball in the CFF logo (actually, I've already done this, now that I think of it), and then I'll replace the defaults!

Now won't that be cool?

Of course, there are a few different default icons, and they are each supposed to mean different things. So I can't just replace every one of them with the ball. Maybe I can make different colored balls? I don't know, I'll think about it.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:08 pm

two suggestions: one, to make things simple, we should have a meetings area, so that we can publicly post the meeting location ahead of time for the week. does anyone even fucking know how this gets decided? is this a one-man process? do we have some kind of secret board of directors i don't know about? should we have some kind of organization to this anarchic radness, just to make our web of destruction a little tighter? maybe. anyway, meetings area could also have a brief summary of shit that we talked about at meetings, shit we NEED to talk about at the meetings, and so on-- rather than just getting together and housing some ball, it might be worth taking 20 minutes to talk about shit like merch, tourneys, and shit that could make it more fun and active on a daily basis to be banging.

other suggestion: offer some kind of secret bonus message board area that only opens when you have total message board domination in all areas, like me, right now. most recent post in every single section. fucking wizard mode!
bounceback

Postby ROM on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:49 pm

Wow, man. You're GC'ing the message board. You're going to overtake kickback on post count, and then it will just be me and you!

Thanks for the suggestions. A meeting subforum is a good idea. But first: yeah, like you, I always figured that I was just a little out of the loop, while most others knew what was going on, scheduling-wise. But it's looking to me like everyone, save one or two people, have no idea how this is arranged. Furthermore, we seem to have little influence on the matter. I'm pretty sure there's no secret board of directors. It is close to anarchy (or maybe oligarchy). And that's sweet and all...

Before I set up a meeting subforum, we'll have to get our scheduler on th' board.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:30 pm

this one's so goddamn obvious and should've been here from the start-- it's just what a lot of people will be looking for--

we totally need a "skills and tips" section! everyone from newbs to wizards can get something from it-- people can post everything from basic stuff like stalls traps and passes, to strategy for complete games. a few things of this type exist online, and some of that is helpful (we should link to it, by the way, especially that site with the animations for basic traps and things) but this could be down to the details of what works on one specific game and not others, even specific tables of the same game (i.e. "spidey at the shanghai leans a little left, so i always go for the left loop and flip a little early to hit the venom shot combo, works great," or "spidey at the alley only registers soft shots to dock ock, so i've been having a lot of luck rolling the ball out to the end of the right flipper, and then back handing it, seems to bounce in most of the time," etc.) there's a big difference between watching a you-tube demo of someone death-saving on a machine set for little-to-no tilt, and actually knowing "you can death save on the elvira at c-bar, but don't even think about trying it at GK" or "it's possible to death save on most simpsons machines, but rarely on midieval."

of course this is stuff you can figure out on your own, but when you don't have someone there to watch in person and get some pointers from, this seems like the next best thing. and again-- if we can get outsiders participating on the board, we could start getting cool tips from people all over the place on machines they dig, and people can ask specific questions and request info on specific tables-- "anyone get to the wizard mode on IJ4 yet? what's your best boints strategy on that machine anyway?" etc.
bounceback

Postby autofire on Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:39 pm

i got one, how about the pins that made you fall in love with pinball.
I always enjoyed playin pinball but it was when my work got lord of the rings and all my slow day shifts would be spent playing ball instead of prep.
It is still one of my all time favorite games. come to think about it the theater of magic at roswell mall was the one pin that really opened my eyes and my heart for pinball.
autofire

Postby ROM on Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:55 pm

Okay, I'll set up a skills and tips subforum. We could fit a lot in there. Personally, I often have questions about little things (and will definitely contribute as I can).

Send me some links if you have them, and we can start a sticky thread at the top of the subforum titled "Resources" or something, and can put them all in there.

Autofire, I think your suggestion would work as a thread topic. We don't need a whole new section for that. Just start a thread!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Opto on Fri May 22, 2009 6:28 pm

Okay here's one that might be nice. A Repair/Restoration category. For when someone needs to figure out where to source a certain part, backglass, paint etc. The best places to get things on the net or locally. Also what works and what doesn't when cleaning/fixing up a machine. Things to be cautious of etc. We can have an endless debate on Novus 2 versus Millwax!

For instance . . . I went on a hunt through various craft stores on 82nd looking for a Testers paint pen to touch up all the nicks and scapes on my cabinet decals. After a 3 hour adventure, I ended up only being able to special order it from "The Hobby Smith" on 33rd and sandy.

Anyway, I want to rave to the world about how great this pen is and how much of a pain in the ass it was to find w/o paying $10 for shipping. If you've got a machine with scrapes on a black cabinet . . . . you need one of these pens .If other folks are working on cleaning up and repairing their pins, I'm sure they have questions and others have answers.

Novus 2 is the shit, and so is the Testers paint pen!
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby eric on Sat May 23, 2009 9:56 am

There have been a few repair related posts in the "Buy/Sell/Trade...Repair?" forum. Maybe it would be worthwhile to make a dedicated Repair/Restoration forum?

I had a similar experience with Mean Green. It's an amazing cleaning product, but nearly impossible to find locally. After months of searching I finally found that you can order it online from doitbest.com and have it shipped for free to your local Do it Best hardware store. This stuff is insane. Noah and Danny B have witnessed firsthand the amazing Mean Green nicotine stain removal.

I vote for Novus 2.
eric

Postby ROM on Sat May 23, 2009 11:42 am

What if I just took out the question mark and replaced it with an exclamation point?

Ok, fine! New subforum. But I mean, combined those two do not get a lot of activity...
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ping on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:41 am

Suggestion/Question#1:
It would be nice if the meeting times are posted on this site prior to an hour before the meetings take place. There are non-members/recruits that would like to partake of the meetings but need more than an hours notice. Is a day in advance too much to ask?

Suggestion/Question#2:
I have given my number out to Tank, Dropshot, and maybe one other person, and I have yet to receive any notice on my phone as to tourneys, meetings, etc..., what gives?

The claim is that CFF is open to everyone, yet meeting times and places seem to be some sort of guarded secret. Why is that?

Andrew
Last edited by ping on Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ping

Postby ping on Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:21 am

Correction: I have gotten texts on tourneys, but nothing on meetings.
ping

Postby videomode on Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:58 am

Meeting is at The Vern this Sunday 6/21 at 10pm
dennis
videomode

Postby ROM on Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:11 pm

ping, it's not deliberately secretive.

another decent way to play ball with members and others is to post and say where you're gonna be playing. that's how happenings happen.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ping on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:19 am

I know.

That message sounded angrier than it was ever intended to be.
ping

Postby TILT on Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:06 am

JESUS!!! Quit being such a FUCKING WINER!!! HaHaHa :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I really like those things. You know, these... :mrgreen:

Funny
TILT

Postby bounceback on Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:49 pm

:twisted: :roll: :geek: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :twisted: :evil: :D :shock:
:arrow: 8-) :evil: :twisted: :(
:arrow: :ugeek: :evil: :mrgreen: :P
:arrow: :mrgreen: :evil: :mrgreen: :oops:
:arrow: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :evil: :mrgreen: :evil:
:evil: :mrgreen: :twisted: :evil: :o
:evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :!:
:evil: :ugeek: :roll: :twisted: :arrow:
:evil: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :arrow:
:evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
:|
bounceback

Postby bounceback on Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:54 pm

must've done something wrong with my formatting, that's supposed to say FUK! and you're supposed to love it.
bounceback

Postby TILT on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:42 am

Apparently, your Mother loves it!!!! :oops: :o :mrgreen:
TILT

Postby autofire on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:22 am

oh no he didnt! :roll:
autofire

Next

Return to Site Suggestions