[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - look, blog

look, blog

Don't wank.

look, blog

Postby ROM on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:51 pm

we've been using the same theme forever, and the newer wordpress themes have a lot more going on - widgets and such. And so I found and then activated a different one. I'll tweak things here and there, like fonts and colors. I think it's a little easier to see all the info (and it features things like a list of "recent posts"). the calendar is sort of wonky at the moment. But the events are in the posts... so everyone can see them.

What do you think of the fade from gray to black? not black enough? The one thing that bugs me is that the profiles pages have straight black backgrounds, and so now it's different from the blog. but I think it's okay to have some other colors... The theme original had a brighter blue for the links. So I darkened it a bit.
Vibe Police
ROM

Re: look, blog

Postby autofire on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:35 pm

I like it. Your the best rom. How many stickers do I get for that, and for using punctuation.
autofire

Postby deathsave on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:53 pm

i fear change.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby ROM on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Autofire: 5 stickers. But minus 1 for typing "your" instead of "you're"
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby replay on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Louie likes black, mmm sweet juicy black.
"All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns." -Bruce Lee
replay

Postby ROM on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:30 pm

ok, once I figure out how to make the numbers on the calendar white, then I'll remove the gradient background.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby autofire on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Dangit! I got a long way to go.
deathsave don't fear change because the change could be 2 quarters and thats a game of pinball!
autofire

Postby replay on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:33 pm

Autofire,
Rom is a proper name therefore should be capitalized. You lose one more sticker. Oh yeah, Rom, you got lucky on that ping pong game. Do I owe you some stickers now?
"All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns." -Bruce Lee
replay

Postby ROM on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:36 pm

It's a proper name, but it's also an acronym. Like NASA. So: Rom or ROM? I don't know.

My ping pong game has gone up up up since our last battle. I'm playing 3x a week with a club. And I'm getting new rubber on Saturday. Your days of even dreaming of a win are soon to be over!
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby autofire on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:38 pm

Thanks boss, now come over and play the new and improved checkpoint!
You too ROM!
autofire

Postby revtest on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:06 am

TOO.. MUCH.. WHITE.. TEXT.. CAN"T.. SEE.. VERTIGO SETTING IN AGHHHHHH.........
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby ROM on Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Got the calendar looking a little better.

And the page is all black now. and WHITE. Maybe I'll make the fonts a little bigger. They are sort of small, which could be hard to read.

At any rate, I think it looks good! Next up I'm going to change the title - "crazy flipper fingers" - to be in the logo's text.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:21 pm

did all that.

I think things look improved. hope you do, too.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Dropshot on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:27 pm

it looks swell ROM
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:40 am

The blog is a little bit on the hacked side right now. it's a common/random wordpress hack. that's why you can't comment. it'll be fixed soon.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby ROM on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:59 pm

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIXIXIXIXIXIEED
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby bounceback on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:46 am

hey rom,

i started trying to learn some shit about wordpress but there's a lot of stuff in there about using signs like these: %1knickerbockers/blue% or whatever. i feel confused.

what should i read that will help me do wordpressy things that are basic, clear, and easy to learn? isn't there some kind of beginner's resource for people that go blind looking at programming stuff? something like a paint program, for wordpress? what's the easiest possible way to do shit?
bounceback

Postby ROM on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:15 am

You should look at the codex.

People also write blog posts with tips and stuff. And there's also the wordpress message board.
Vibe Police
ROM

Return to Site Suggestions