Oakland Pinball Mafia

Whatcha Got?

Oakland Pinball Mafia

Postby Opto on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:03 pm

Just read about these guys who play down in the bay area. They're setting up some kind of rumble with another bay area pinball group.

Anyone know who they are?

Regardless, I think we need to figure out a Portland Vs. Bay Area rumble at some point.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Re: Oakland Pinball Mafia

Postby Dropshot on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Yeah I saw that too, somehow someone said they had ties in Portland? Whatever the fuck that means, what they came up here once and we beat them on a machine doesn't mean you have ties to Portland. Anyway...I think a few from here have talked to a few from there and we just need to nationally advertise the next Ground Kontrol tourney (end of April) and the next Showdown tourney (August) a little bit earlier to accommodate for those that must travel. Not sure if anyone from S.F. reads this but let us know and we will come down there too. You guys seem to be the ones lacking on the tourney front so make us (and by us I do sadly mean Seattle as well, on a lower level of course) proud!
Dropshot

Postby ROM on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:38 pm

I saw at least one of them at the PPE. But no interaction...
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Opto on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Just found out that a guy I became buddies w/ down at PPE is in "the mafia". His name is Tanio, and he's a super cool guy - he programmed all the audio on the custom Metallica machine. Jeri is buddies with him too. If we ever want to figure out a rumble, I've got a good contact.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby JDYeager on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:49 pm

Here's a link to the article, for anyone who missed it: http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtri ... i_13716460

And the key sentence: "The temporary settlement stipulated that both groups, said possibly to have ties to pinball syndicates in Chicago and Portland, meet Saturday for the "Throwdown in Oakland" pinball tournament."
JDYeager

Postby ROM on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:25 pm

Our Underbosses are cousins.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby DannyBackglass on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:04 am

Am I a captain? Eh. Im probably a lifer soldier. Like Paulie. marone.
DannyBackglass

Return to Other gangs/leagues/clubs/loners/wannabes