[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Eugene based pinball group (still deciding name)

Eugene based pinball group (still deciding name)

Whatcha Got?

Eugene based pinball group (still deciding name)

Postby dylan on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:31 pm

Here in eugene we are working on organizing a formal pin club/gang/death/rape squad/
We are completely up in the air on what to name ourselves, but I can guarantee it wont contain any WHO lyrics.
So far the team players would be Gavin, Hayden, Scotty, Eric, a few others and possibly myself, if I can manage to learn how to play pinball. I could always devise some sort of plush mascot outfit to cheer on the guys...

Our home base of course will be the Location vintage arcade, as it is the only goddamn place in town to play real pinball!
I mean one or two half functioning sterns in a remote bar doesnt count as real pinball in my books.
dylan

Re: Eugene based pinball group (still deciding name)

Postby Opto on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Nice - when you guys get it squared away we'll have to battle.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby revtest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:49 am

Are you sure you don't want to be "The deaf, dumb and blind kids" :twisted:
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby JeffK on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:53 am

JeffK

Postby Dropshot on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Sorry DDB is already taken.
Dropshot

Postby Dropshot on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:11 pm

We use it on Woodstock for non score, cumulative records like RTU, Scared Stiff, KotR, etc. etc.
Dropshot

Postby dylan on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Based on your attendance at last nights whitflip tourney, I think you guys should re-brand yourselves as the "Portland pinball pussies" ;)
dylan

Postby JeffK on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:40 pm

how was the turnout otherwise? its awesome that you're organizing tournaments in eugene! As for no one from portland showing up, as far as im aware, the final format/size/pay out/etc was never posted on here (I could be wrong). As someone stated before, 4 hours of driving/gas money isn't going to be worth it if people don't have the details on the tournament, or if its very small/low prizes. Losers like me who dont have a car need to hop on the pinball welfare program (or take a greyhound). Anyways, good luck organizing future tournaments, and hopefully with some more communication there will be a better (aka existent) portland turn out next time around.
JeffK

Postby sauce on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:32 pm

If you guys want to start up the Eugene chapter of the Whiskey Flipper Fingerbangers (Portland's most Xtreme pinball gang), talk to me.
sauce

Postby dylan on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:32 pm

Several of our eugene people have made the journey to portland for tourneys, next whitflip in august we hope to see some portland people. There will be bigger stakes of course.
dylan

Postby revtest on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:07 pm

I wouldn't expect you guys to make the trip for a weekly! I'll see you in August :twisted:
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Dropshot on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Put some money on the line and we will come down and teach you how to play.
Dropshot

Postby Soundcard on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:47 am

if steven weeks is in the "gang" ill come down and show you all how to play, otherwise suck it.
I'm just rehabing my shoulder... and trying to get my fuck on.
Soundcard

Postby DDT on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:25 pm

I'll be in your town tomorrow. Should I come find you hovering over the hot bar @ Peoples? Lurking at some festival gate?
DDT

Postby dylan on Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:31 am

You can find us at 245 Blair. Lurking in front of country fair gates is soooo 10 years ago.
dylan

Postby DDT on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:14 am

Oh, wait are you challenging us? A roll of Goldies per game? What's the line up at the arcade there? HUO Frontier/Skateball? I'm in. ;)
DDT

Return to Other gangs/leagues/clubs/loners/wannabes