Beth's Cafe & Duck Island Ale House

Machines, scores, tournaments... emotions.

Beth's Cafe & Duck Island Ale House

Postby Maka on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:11 pm

via Skill Shot's Seattle Pinball List: "Shorty's has pins at a new location: Beth's Cafe and Duck Island Ale House on Aurora Ave... Wheel of Fortune, Lord of the Rings, Medieval Madness and Spider-man!" I hope my eyes aren't deceiving me. An actual nice LOTR and Spidey in Seattle again?! Coming down to confirm this weekend.
Maka

Re: Beth's Cafe & Duck Island Ale House

Postby deathsave on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:14 pm

i was over at beth's tonight. only played LOTR, seems the flipper coils are too strong as it's airball central. left habitrail likes to dump it down the outlane when it's really screaming. leans to the left enough to trap slow-moving balls on the path of the dead, but that's a nice thing during multiball.

i think i GC'd at at 115m, will be back for another crack at it because it's frustrating/challenging.

went to duck island to play spider-man and the upper flipper was blown out. MM was occupied the whole night but i didn't mind because they have la folie on tap.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby ROM on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:18 pm

Is Duck Isle the place right next to Beth's? I remember the place next to it having an Addam's Family. And maybe one more. Beth's had super dirty pins. But maybe they'll stay clean now.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby deathsave on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:09 am

yep, they share a wall and you can order food from beth's while at the duck. the duck used to have TAF and AFM, both were dingy as hell, hopefully this is the turning of a new leaf.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Kickback on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:57 pm

beths has a food challenge that was on Man vs Food
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby ROM on Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:10 am

I used to sit in that places for hours in the middle of the night eating infinite hash browns.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby deathsave on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:12 pm

the overly powerful coils have taken their first victim. palantir stand-up was snapped at the stem a couple of nights ago.

WOF plays well, but they need to reset the glitch scores.

spider-man plays ok but feels like it needs a cleaning, or a flipper tune-up, or both.

MM is a shitbox. seems there's a loose wire on one of the trolls because sometimes direct hits don't register at all, but once one does it works for a bit. ball hits the sling coming down either orbit, that's fucking annoying. left flipper is weak enough that you can't hit the gate on a roll. one of the bonus x switches doesn't register.
deathsave

Postby deathsave on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:30 am

games at beth's are the same. duck island was closed when i was out there but the spider-man has been replaced by IJ4 so who cares?
deathsave

Postby Dropshot on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:09 am

anytime you have something new to report about pinball in Seattle it is always just so depressing. Does anything good ever happen?
Dropshot

Postby deathsave on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:38 am

the monthly league events are great. there are two more this year if anyone is interested in making the trip: nov. 13 (the week before shorty's) and dec. 11. and the pinball museum in chinatown is also doing some cool stuff.

but yeah, i rarely seek out games on route because they're such a waste of time.
deathsave

Return to General