[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - shorty's

shorty's

Machines, scores, tournaments... emotions.

Re: shorty's

Postby Opto on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Man - they've got some great Ballys on location. The real question is . . . how is it playing? Does it have the LED seizure mod that shortys loves so much?
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby deathsave on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:15 pm

the boss actually likes classic ballys so i doubt he'll tart it up with LED's. haven't been in yet to check it out though.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Opto on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:51 pm

How's that Centaur?
Opto

Postby Opto on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:52 am

Deathsave . . . Centaur . . . how is it?
Opto

Postby deathsave on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:03 pm

plays easy. they need to novus that thing, ratchet the rear legs all the way up, and put it on three ball. the chief annoyance right now is the upper right gate is not stopping balls as they come around the orbit, but it's kinda interesting having to deadeye a shot through OR BS to hit that center lane.

saves from the side are fairly easy because the pitch is low. same with the chamber. the 4 target is impossible to knock down from the left flipper so you have to count on a lucky bounce or the spot target. tilting once ends your game but doesn't kill everyone else's.
This isn't a problem with tungsten bulbs because the filament remains red hot for a short duration after voltage is removed - long enough to appear lit persistently.
deathsave

Postby Opto on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Sounds like it has the tilt warning setting engaged. "We'll give you a warning, but if you tilt afterwords THAT'S it!"

Novusing the PF? C'mon now - that's just asking too much. . .

Strange how much easier that game is when it's not steep enough. I've got mine completely jacked up in the back and it still seems to be a snap to get multiballs going forever. Thinking about adding a little 2' x 4' riser mod.
Opto

Postby deathsave on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:05 pm

that's what i had to do with the centaur II at my place. it's either that or take oomph out of the flippers, which is just sacrilege.
deathsave

Postby revtest on Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:56 pm

This centaur is so flat it needs flippers at the top of the playfield to get the ball moving!
revtest

Postby Opto on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:16 pm

You better not let Centaur hear you talk about him that way. He might violate you with his moto_______.
Opto

Postby ROM on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:11 pm

Motopubenator?

Vibe Police
ROM

Postby Legs on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:45 pm

ouch.
"Vrabel, on a bad luck streak and perhaps a little drunk, can't keep up." -The Willamette Week
Legs

Postby Maka on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:52 pm

Fathom replaced by Elektra. [img]yawn[/img]
Maka

Postby Jules on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:09 am

Jules

Postby DDT on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:31 am

Does Shortys still exist?
DDT

Postby Soundcard on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:37 am

no.
I'm just rehabing my shoulder... and trying to get my fuck on.
Soundcard

Postby deathsave on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:48 pm

deathsave

Postby DDT on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:09 am

Ah, Sorry pal. Too bad Lil' Ramone doesn't like pinball. That place could be rad. Keep the faith.
Come play my Frontier, meet baby Buckshot.
DDT

Previous

Return to General