Flipper rebuild

Your machine is ugly because you took bad care of it. Now what?

Flipper rebuild

Postby coyle on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Thinking about doing a flipper rebuild toady, anything I should know? Tips? Things to look for?
The night life ain't no good life, but it's my life.
coyle

Re: Flipper rebuild

Postby eric on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:06 pm

This is for your Rollergames right? If not, some of these steps won't apply.

-Thoroughly clean everything you're not replacing (i.e. the bracket assembly) before reassembling.
-I usually solder the the wires and capacitor to the EOS on a bench. Much easier than soldering them underneath the playfield.
-Put some insulation around the leads of the EOS cap. You can use heat shrink tubing or just strip an inch or two off of some 18 gauge wire and slip the insulator over the leads. This will help prevent 75V from shorting against things it shouldn't.
-Use a tooth pick in the calibration holes (the little roll pins set in the playfield) to align the flippers. This is done with the rubber on.
-Leave enough up/down play in the flipper bats so they don't bind against the bushings. There should be about a 1/16" of play.
-Make sure flippers are symmetrical at rest and fully flipped.
-Adjust the EOSs with the power off, but check the distance of the gap by flipping them with the cabinet buttons in game.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
eric

Re: Flipper rebuild

Postby coyle on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:15 pm

Thanks alot Eric, had a bunch of stuff come up so I didn't get around to doing it yet, hopefully this week. I'll keep you posted.
The night life ain't no good life, but it's my life.
coyle

Return to Repair and Restoration