[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - [Sticky] Repairs (how this board can work)

[Sticky] Repairs (how this board can work)

Your machine is ugly because you took bad care of it. Now what?

[Sticky] Repairs (how this board can work)

Postby ROM on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:55 pm

Pinball is fun and we are all totally awesome at it. And quite a few of us own machines. But I've noticed that, while we may kick butt at playing them, we often still have some things to learn when it comes to troubleshooting and fixing them. But I, for one, am definitely interested in advancing my skills in such matters. is extremely helpful, but nothing beats hands-on experience.

So if anyone here has some knowledge they want to impart, or if you want to set up a workshop or something, or if you have services for hire, please post your info here.

Also, if you own a machine and have some technical questions, why not trying posting them here and seeing if anyone responds?

Thanks.
Vibe Police
ROM

Re: [Sticky] Repairs (how this board can work)

Postby Kickback on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 am

So far many of my repairs have included bending sensors back into place, making sure that everything is plugged in tight and lots of elbow grease cleaning. However, this may be a large percentage of what is being fixed, we still need to get better with the computer parts. Making sure we don't get electrocuted is also huge. Any member that wants to help and learn on my machines is very welcome. Plus if you have one and need help, you know how to find me, j
There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)
Kickback

Postby autofire on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:40 pm

one of my drop shots broke from being hit with a pinball over and over. I tried gorilla gluing it and that lasted about 1 shot. Dangit! now I cant get the blue light special when its lit. I need a new drop shot, are they proprietary or are they pretty universal? I dont know. I also need new coils for my flippers cause they get weak after playing for a hour or more. how much are they and where is the place in town to get the goods. I gotttza know!
autofire

Postby ROM on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:15 pm

I think they are pretty universal - but check http://www.marcospecialties.com/index.asp for their goods.

In town, there's that coin-op place in the sellwood area. I've only been there once, though, but I'm guessing they sell coils.
Vibe Police
ROM

Postby autofire on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:58 am

kickback and I are going over to the coin-op joint tommorow does anyone need anything from over there? I will take a good look around and let yall know what they all got. maybe I will wear my video camera belt. no I wish I had one of those!
autofire

Postby bounceback on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:52 pm

what days are good for people, if we were to follow up on the offer to get together with an experienced operator and repair person and have a bit of a maintenance and repair primer out at the ranch? i would love to do that sometime soon. who would go?
bounceback

Postby revtest on Sat May 23, 2009 2:04 pm

REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Return to Repair and Restoration