[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
Crazy Flipper Fingers • View topic - Problems with BSD pinball...any ideas?

Problems with BSD pinball...any ideas?

Your machine is ugly because you took bad care of it. Now what?

Problems with BSD pinball...any ideas?

Postby kevin on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:29 pm

I have a couple of issues with my Bram Stoker's Dracula...maybe someone can give me some ideas on what to check.

1. The Castle Ball Popper (the little bar that holds balls for castle multiball/left ramp). It only goes down for a split second, not long enough to release the ball so it just sits there and I have to take the glass off and get the ball out. I searched for similar issues on RGP and someone named Cayle suggested cleaning the optos or doing a factory reset. No luck. The optos were pretty dirty though.

2. While playing the game, it will randomly register shots up the left ramp (giving castle locks or starting bats) even when the ball is nowhere near the left ramp.

Well, any ideas on what to check would be appreciated because I am only starting to work on machines.
kevin

Re: Problems with BSD pinball...any ideas?

Postby eric on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:39 am

eric

Postby Dropshot on Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:35 pm

I was over there tonight the problem lies with switch 53 and 54. The center left stand-up was acting questionable as well. Too many drinks at the time to actually do anything about it though.
Dropshot

Postby kevin on Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:55 am

It seems like it is completely random. Like we took the ball out of play and it still recorded left ramp shots (such as bats). I also noticed that it will occasionally shoot the shooter rod even when there is no ball there. Somebody on RGP suggested replacing the 10 switch opto board. It does seem like all the problems relate to the optos.

As far as the rod holding the ball in the ball locks...it started working more normally once I raised the back legs. Someone on RGP had suggested that raising the angle of the playfield might fix this. That switch for that middle target is still a problem though.

I think it all might be related to the optos. I don't know exactly how to tell if the opto board is really the problem.
kevin

Postby eric on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:24 pm

eric

Postby Dropshot on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:40 pm

Yes, I am pretty sure it the was the center bank, left target.
Dropshot

Postby eric on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:45 pm

The center bank of targets are leaf switches not optos. Check below the playfield to make sure a wire hasn't fallen off. Clean the contacts with by dragging a business card through and make sure the switch is properly adjusted (i.e. making contact when the target is hit).
eric

Postby revtest on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:22 am

haven't forgot about you Kev just been a little busy. I will do some more research sat morn and give a call to set up a time to get another go at that.
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Return to Repair and Restoration