Mean Green

Your machine is ugly because you took bad care of it. Now what?

Mean Green

Postby eric on Sat May 23, 2009 1:03 pm

I recently found a place to purchase Mean Green (semi) locally. If you read pinrepair.com or follow RGP you've undoubtedly heard of this stuff. It's a liquid cleaner de-greaser that is immensely useful in pinball repair and restoration. It excels at removing yellow nicotine stains from pinball cabinets. I've also used it to clean old gummed-up grease from EM score reels (or really anywhere there's old grease), sticky flipper buttons (especially buttons you can completely disassemble - Gottlieb EMs, Sys 1, Sys 80, early Bally/Stern SS, etc.), stainless steel ball guides, unpainted coindoors, legs, lockdown bars, etc.

You can order it online from doitbest.com and have them ship it to your local Do It Best hardware store for free. I have mine sent to the store at 37th and Division and it takes about 5 days to show up.

http://doitbest.com/Multi-Purpose+and+A ... 646334.dib

Obviously, this is a liquid cleaner so don't spray it anywhere near your playfield, and remove any components from the machine before you clean them. It's pretty potent stuff, so definitely do a test spot before you go to town. It will take up paint if you leave it on too long!
eric

Re: Mean Green

Postby autofire on Sat May 23, 2009 1:31 pm

i used to huff that shit! MEAN GREEN! im so glad that we can get it locally. party at my house tonight!
autofire

Re: Mean Green

Postby Opto on Sun May 24, 2009 9:01 am

Customer Testimonial to Mean Green. "I sprayed some on the machine and the cigarette stains wiped right off"

Eric's right . . . this stuff is great. It also brought back the glossy finish on the decals. Game looked A LOT nicer.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Return to Repair and Restoration