Road Show - Ted tripping out

Your machine is ugly because you took bad care of it. Now what?

Road Show - Ted tripping out

Postby Kraken on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:40 am

Ted raises and lowers the dozer blade repeatedly for no reason. The machine plays the sound effect, and it increases the score with every raise/lower. It seams to happen only after the game has been on for a while. If the machine hasn't been played in a while, it doesn't happen. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Kraken

Re: Road Show - Ted tripping out

Postby revtest on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:54 pm

Did you ever figure this out I'm gonna try to get by buds tonight we can have a look if you want, I have a few ideas mostly involving the eddy sensor that triggers dozer hits but could be in the opto's the tell if its up or down.
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Opto on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:14 pm

Rev - I think you're on the right track

Kraken - have you put the machine is switch test/edge test mode to see if anything looks goofy (after the game is warmed up)? The machine will actually tell you which switch is flaky.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby Kraken on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:44 pm

I thought Rev had fixed it, but it started happening again. I'll try to do the switch test sometime this week. Is it possible that the proximity sensor is faulty? Like it keeps thinking the ball is behind the blade? It's weird though, if you trap a ball back there while it's in freak out mode, it won't register, and it sometimes it stays trapped until the machine goes into ball search mode.
Kraken

Postby revtest on Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Might need a new opto board for the dozer blade that one is hacked up. the connector was removed and soldered direct to the board i think two of the leads are touching after the shaker goes for awhile they vibrate together.
REVEREND-TEST
revtest

Postby Kraken on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:52 pm

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.
Kraken

Return to Repair and Restoration