Spiderman

How to hit the things that are all lit up and flashing, and how to do it with style.

Re: Spiderman

Postby Opto on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:03 pm

Needs some bally lube for full meltability.
"I hear the trunk shot on Theater Of Magic can be deadly."
Opto

Postby FHF on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Finally beat superhero yesterday!! The board at putters is 800 mil and I tilted ball 3 at about 780 mil without getting my bonus from beating superhero! :oops:

Anyhow, I basically was doing what Aaron said with the exception of hitting the left ramp instead of the left orbital. I prefer this because you can go left ramp to doc oc, or hit the right orbital and then get venom again out of the pop bumpers. The left orbital is fine, but sometimes the ball just goes flying past the pop bumpers which makes for a risky shot off the upper flipper. Also, during doc oc multiball I was trapping one on the left then pretty much exclusively hitting green goblin. This advanced the mode and tended to light lock at the same time without accidentally starting black suit.
Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change. - RWE
FHF

Postby Dropshot on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:41 pm

you are lucky I wasn't there,I would have made you buy me a beer for something that stupid. Now I am going to make it my goal to make the board 1.5 to teach you a lesson.
Dropshot

Postby PatC on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:35 pm

I finally got to Super Hero the other day, finally, too, but couldn't complete it... I was at the "hit sandman until you think you've gone crazy" portion and lost it. Wound up with 840m.

I'll say, though, that method Aaron's doing does work; it's pretty safe and reliable. I watched him do it and then tried myself...

I use to be a 2x spinner guy, but now I find I put it on Venom, since if you get it before you start him, he's worth, well, twice as much. I do the 3x on the Battle Royale, too.. that shit helps dramatically.

I find I can only put scores on this game in one ball; if I don't have that break-out ball where I complete all the white modes, it just never happens.
PatC

Postby FHF on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Finally got on the board with a little over a billion! Pretty much got all my boints on the first ball, then almost got back to battle royale but couldn't quite make it. But yeah, you have to hit that sandman a lot. If you can get one ball trapped on the left flipper you can just wail away at it with the right, especially if you can catch it out of the pop bumpers. Of course, you have to have more than one ball out there to do that!
FHF

Postby Dropshot on Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:09 pm

Yeah, that was a good game. 2 stupid drains, but for the most part consistent to the strategy. Getting Green Goblin done early helps, a lot.
Dropshot

Postby DannyBackglass on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Now its time for you guys to actually learn how to play Spiderman. Fruits.
DannyBackglass

Postby FHF on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:59 pm

haha! I think it's time for me to go to Rocco's and blow that machine open!! then I'm gonna feed the seltzer to kona!
FHF

Postby DannyBackglass on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:01 am

Snap! Old school bounty time. GC spidey. Bring seltzer to punk ass Kona. Pitcher of the micro beer of your choice, 1 ten inch personal pizza any toppings.
30 dollar value. Fuck it. Throw a lil sheesh in the mix. 32.50.
DannyBackglass

Previous

Return to Tips and Tactics